The Ultimate Superman Collectible (or at least it will be, for me)

I’ve been wanting to post about this piece for some time. Wanted to share some in hand pictures once received, but unfortunately, it’s been delayed by 3 months. So, I decided to share my excitement for it with you guys nonetheless.

Iron Studios is releasing a 1/3 scale Superman. This will be my ultimate collectible. When I saw the prototype photos last year, I probably stared at the screen for a good 10 minutes just admiring it. I hesitated for months on placing a pre-order. I’ve never paid this much for a collectible, and I’m 100% sure I never will again. I had to sell off a lot of what I collected over the years to fund this (no other way I could). Size was another issue; it’s 37” in height and I’m still not sure how I’m going to display it. I decided to pull the trigger when I found myself looking at it on a daily basis for 3 months.

Designed by Ivan Reis, my favorite artist. Costume is the traditional colors with the trunks loud and proud. There‘s a bit of a twist though, with different materials and textures throughout. Almost like a New 52 influence on the classic suit. The S is beautifully sculpted and raised, very similar to how Reis draws it in the current Superman run. The serious face sculpt is exactly how I picture Superman to look. He’s in a flying pose bursting out of what seems like crystals from the Fortress of Solitude. It’s my dream piece. I just hope the final product is as good as the prototype looks in the pictures. Otherwise It’s going back.

They’re saying it will ship May or June. I’ll post up some pics when I get it.

7 Likes

Full body pic.

3 Likes

Sweet! That’s an incredible statue.

2 Likes

Sorry if my title comes across as a bit pretentious. By “for me”, I meant “as far as my taste goes”. Hope I wasn’t misunderstood.

1 Like

He’s here in all his glory. Here he is next to his siblings :joy:

1 Like

Close up.

1 Like

Very cool

2 Likes

Face

1 Like

Side

1 Like

Other side

1 Like

Boots

1 Like

Alt angle

1 Like

Very pleased. This thing is a beast! Came with 2 alternate heads and the base lights up. One of the alternate heads has light up laser vision eyes. Adapter cable is very short, so need to extend it before I can share some lit up pics. I feel like I can pretty much stop collecting now…speaking of “grails”, this is it for me.

2 Likes

Oh my goodness this is one of the best looking Superman statues I have ever seen! and the eyes light up wow!
Congrats!!! Man I wish I had the money to get this right now, super jealous. I have to get this one day
Thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

Thanks @fansumtheory.16165. It was a one time indulgence for me that I had to make multiple payments on, and will definitely be the last purchase of its kind for me. I’ll try to share some lit up pictures soon. Good luck with your collection :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Fun fact. Had to sell a Super Powers Cyborg to pay for a good chunk of this (among other stuff). Was in an opened card, weapons intact. Was lucky enough to get it for a really good deal a few years ago and made a pretty penny selling it. If you’re unfamiliar with how rare that figure is, take a look at ebay prices. Kinda funny how such a small unassuming little fellow helped pay for this behemoth.

@Vroom is probably very disappointed in me now…given how much he loves Super Powers :joy:

3 Likes

stumbles about You…sold…a…Super Powers…Cyborg?

faints

Nah, I’m kidding. Glad to see you got that statue, it’s very nice!

SN: Would you have accepted $10 for your SP Cyborg figure? That’s within my budget for him :wink:

4 Likes

@Vroom, a perfectly reasonable payment plan could have been arranged…no credit check required :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

I’m glad you found such a perfect collectible soulmate! Get two or three more statues and you can start charging admission.

1 Like

Thanks @biff_pow. 2 or 3 more of these? Selling whatever is left of my collection wouldn’t cover a quarter of that cost :joy:Must behave…done with the big pieces. I did see a guy on statueforum that had the whole Trinity from this line, all Ivan Reis designs. Awesome display.

2 Likes