The Trinity is off planet

What 3 Characters Would You Choose To Defend: Gotham, Metropolis & Themyscira? if The Trinity was off planet, & asked you to help. You & 3 Characters to defend those 3 cities/island.

3 Likes

Gotham has about a thousand vigilantes in it, so I think they can spare one. Metropolis has Supergirl, and Themyscira has a Wonder Girl or two.

What I’d really like to know is who would defend Coast City if Green Lantern is gone?

Oh, dear. That can’t be good. Nobody tell Hal.

5 Likes

???

1 Like

Yeah, they were all apparently taking a smoke break in 1993. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

1 Like

Gotham: I would get Green Lantern Alan Scott, Nightwing, or Batwoman to protect the city.

I would choose Alan Scott, because he has been keeping Gotham City safe since Bruce was just a child, and his experience in and out of the Justice League of America since the 1940s, makes him a seasoned veteran. Unlike other Green Lanterns that require a recharge, his lantern powers are more magical based and draw from mystical Star heart entity. With his ring destroyed by the extant, however, Alan Scott is completely composed of the Green flame energy and therefore he tap into the power at will because the green flame resides within him. He also has somewhat of an experience with crazy people, and I feel like to protect Gotham, one must be able to handle the most crazy, mentally unstable people in the right way. He married a schitzophrenic wife who was named Rose Canton (Thorn) was somewhat reformed and had two kids with her. So given that he had this relationship, like Batman will recognize the importance of reforming villains through specialized treatment in Arkham.
I would choose Nightwing, cause Batman taught him the tricks of the trade- he is the most familiar with the ins and outs of Gotham City having lived there for most of his life, he is also familiar with its rogues gallery; having fought Two-Face, Joker, and the rest before with Batman at his side. Also, his experience with the Titans and Bludhaven away from Batman has seen him take more of a leadership role and grow as an independent identity, taking the practices he had learned from Batman and implementing them successfully to a team of heroes. I have faith he can use those same skills to protect Gotham City and I believe he will return to it, if Batman had asked him too. Plus, he has been in Batman’s shoes before, he literally filled them when he was presumed dead. And he has the most level head out of all the robins that was beneath Batman, he’s not unhinged like Jason Todd, or inexperienced and Brash like Damian. He has grown into his own. Having experience with some of the Bat family, he can also help keep the various Robins, Batgirl’s and other vigilantes in line. Using his past knowledge and experience.
Batwoman - She is an independent fighter that uses the Batman’s identity, yet, chooses to remain entirely distinct from it. She has trained effortlessly like Batman (her military training from West Point gave her discipline, and the training she did on her own readied her for any occasion. and faced tragedy after tragedy like Batman. Terrorists killed her mom and sister. She maintains a constant connection to the streets, selling out her fame and cutting ties with her family to keep a close eye on the streets.

2 Likes

Metropolis: Either Black Lightning or Supergirl for various reasons:
Black Lightning (Jefferson Pierce) - having grown up on in the ghettos of suicide slum in the heart of Metropolis- Jefferson is most aware of the dealings and the criminal element on the street that he fights so hard to prevent. He respects and looks out for the common man. Jefferson was a principal of Garfield High; and once became a Secretary of Education to keep tabs on Luthor. He is very familiar with importance of politics, getting other people on your side, he knows what its like to be a part of a team and care for others similar to himself. He has fought other Meta’s and super powered beings before in both the Justice League and the Outsiders. If Superman were to ask him to lookout for his city, I have no doubt that he would look out for and instruct his family the proper way as he instructed and dealt with members of his own family- that being Thunder and Lightning.
Supergirl - (Kara Zor El) - I believe that despite her various tragedies - red lantern, used by Darkseid and Luthor, her turning into the Supergirl who Laughs by the Batman Who Laughs - she has the most experience, has learned the most, and overcame the most. She has more experience with alien technology and planets than Superman since she was a teenager on Krypton when it exploded. She fought the Anti-Monitor: the Destroyer of Multiverses and had won. So she can deal and cope with otherworldly threats. fighting at Superman’s side she has also become familiar with Superman’s rogues gallery. The D.E.O. and the Danvers also taught her to be more of an independent hero and she can apply that experience to Metropolis. And I’d like to think Superman was more close to her than Superboy. And she was also close to other members of the Superman family, so I’d like to think in Superman’s absence she could watch over them and guide them closely. So if he asked her to watch his city I believe she would do it.

2 Likes

Themiscrya - As for a protector of Paradise Island- I feel that there is an entire pantheon of Greek Gods and an island full of capable Amazons that can defend it. There aren’t that many citizens or regular people on island to protect, and all are practically capable fighters. Plus, Themiscrya seems to do fine even without Wonder Woman visiting constantly- cause most of the time Wonder Woman is in Washington DC.

2 Likes

Supergirl as defender of the normal realm
Zatanna as defender of the mystical realm
The Atom as defender of the microcosm.

Don’t split the party.

Between Kara and Zatanna the group should have fast travel options to defend three places together. Sure, Atom may not be welcome on Themiscyra but it feels like something Z could work around.

Together they should be able to face most threats and cover eachothers weaknesses.

2 Likes

Billy Batson
Donna Troy
Mr. Terrific

I’d have to chose on power and skills, not necessarily previous association with a location.

2 Likes

@Nok very nice. I like the Alan Scott as previous guardian of Gotham. Batman Made of Wood is one of my favorite sleeper stories. All good choices.

1 Like

I agree. Zatanna could get Atom on, especially since he can shrink. Supergirl is a great choice anytime in my book. Obviously, so is Zatanna.

1 Like

Thanks​:+1: I tried to make sure whatever hero I chose that not only could they have skillset to defend their city, but they are from that city and they are familiar with the area and can they get along with other vigilantes if named protector. I feel like its not enough to have powers and stand for a cause- they need to know who they are filling in for and where they are and somewhat believe in values and people they choose to protect.

1 Like

A more then capable team. Donna knows the place (Themyscira) Batson can get by anywhere & Terrific has the gear & brains.

1 Like

Tim and Jon. I don’t know enough about Wonder Woman comics.

1 Like

Nightwing for Gotham
Canary for Themyscira
Shazam for Metropolis.

2 Likes

Jon as in Kent? & Tim Drake.

1 Like

Very capable trio, all with the knowledge of the places or the goods to get by in them.

Yes. Sorry I should’ve elaborated a little bit more

1 Like

I got em so u did fine, lol. Definitely a duo that could clean up for the big dawgs while their away.