The Time Has Come: New Badges Arriving on Sept. 1!

Turtles are great, turtles are fine, I like them so much, I wrote this rhyme!

Where badge? :turtle:

12 Likes

So, does everyone start over and work towards new badges on 9/1, or, as @moro hinted at, will the new badges retroactively replace those we already have that cover similar ground (used an emoji, certain number of thumbs-up, visited the community X amount of frequency, etc.)?

Regarding the secret badges…I’m guessing Dark Night will be for…all-night marathon WALs? All-night read-alongs? Bueller?

Defender of Turtles could have a Flash connotation. I’m curious what that will be, as I can’t imagine its TMNT-based as, despite its crossovers with DC, that’s off-brand. If we did go off-brand, then we’d certainly need a Star Trek-based badge, as DC has published far more Trek comics than they have Turtles-related crossovers.

All in all, the new era of badges sounds neat and I’m looking forward to 9/1. :partying_face:

SN: What of the possibility of members earning badges specific to them that pertain to certain topics they’ve shown a thorough, learned knowledge of?

I wouldn’t mind Toyman or Film Freak badges. :wink:

9 Likes

Please no limited time badges.

7 Likes

I think it’s very nice to create a badge specifically for @terrific.whatzit . If I change my name to Flashback, can I get the Defender of Turtles badge too? :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Awesome :+1: can’t wait to add to my badge collection :grin::smile_cat::eyes:

6 Likes

Pleez forgive me for missing this @Jurisdiction. You were the very first to wish me a happy Anniversary and I got so caught up in everything else that I didn’t reply back. :pleading_face: Thank you sooo much for this super kind post.

10 Likes

That’s alright! I hope you had a great day!

And to keep on topic, what if a secret badge is “be as awesome as @DC89!”

8 Likes

:hugs:

9 Likes

Just looked over the new badges. Somehow I don’t think I’ll be earning the “Touched Grass” badge any time soon. :laughing:

9 Likes

Cool!

8 Likes

Im hoping for the cobblepottery sounds very Artisan. Id also be admiss if i didnt bring up the fact that i still dont have my clearance level x badge. I promise to never use the powers for evil???

8 Likes

What does that say? You have to do what 10,000 times a day 20 different times?

7 Likes

You have to like 20,000 posts a day for 20 days

6 Likes

I’m sorry? You have to do what now?

That would be liking over 13 posts per minute, every minute, for a full 24 hours. That’s insanity.

11 Likes

Looks cool, but some see almost unobtainable.

10 Likes

That’s gotta be a typo, unless they really want it to be unobtainable.

4 Likes

One more day to go! Can’t wait. :smiley:

5 Likes

Matter of hours now!

6 Likes

Just wanted to add that these badges may take a few days to be rewarded at first–this is the first time we’ve added new badges in a while, so we’re working to get them loaded and ready to be dolled out! Thanks for understanding, friends!

9 Likes

So excited to see everyone so excited!! :smile:

7 Likes