The Time Has Come: New Badges Arriving on Sept. 1!

The new DC Community Badges are finally here!

After a few months of waiting, I’m super excited to announce that the new DC Community Badges have arrived! Starting on September 1, 2022, everyone here can earn these new badges for various actions taken on (and off!) the DC Community site. Not only can you earn some exciting new badges like Touched Grass andI Am The Peacemaker!, but you’ll also have the opportunity to earn secret badges, which require specific actions to receive…how do you earn Dark Night? You’ll have to figure that one out on your own! What about Defender of Turtles? Well, it’s going to take some sleuthing to figure that one out too…so gear up for September 1, and get excited to earn some new badges!

Happy Hunting!
<3 Jitsu

PS: What’s that? You want to know if there are even more badges on the way? Short answer: yes. Long answer: yesssssssssssssssss. :batparrot:

55 Likes

I love it! :heart_eyes: Gotta catch them all…I mean collect them all! I definitely want to try to get the Cobblepot badge! :smiley::penguin:

13 Likes

Looks fun. I’m in!

13 Likes

The crazy in love one!! :sob: :harleyquinn_hqas: :poisonivy_hqas:

13 Likes

Seeing this brings out the Larfleeze in me…
FD7D4F9D-79D9-4AD5-BC76-EC28C64942F0

Can’t wait to start experimenting and sleuthing around and trying to obtain the secret badges!

16 Likes

Isn’t there some famous movie scene about “badges”… ? :smiling_face:

I see there’s secret badges.

Well, since it’s a secret badge… then okay.

Regular badges are one thing, but secret badges… that’s what you want. :smiling_face:

14 Likes

Hmm… Do I automatically get “Super-Pet in Training” if my profile pic is my cat in a box? :grin:

14 Likes

Woo​:tada:

10 Likes

Nice!

Will these be retroactive, or do we have to perform the tasks starting Sept 1st?

16 Likes

Yes! This is the announcement I’ve been waiting for!! I can’t wait to get all the badges!

But seriously, thanks to the team for everything that you all do! All of you are awesome!

11 Likes

Right?? Haha!

8 Likes

I’m so excited about these. And yessssss!! A badge for hanging out with @Jitsu in the Office of Justice!

I also can’t wait for the Pets topic thread to open. I wanna see all the animals that earn you those badges!

12 Likes

I’m so excited!

8 Likes

Can’t wait!

10 Likes

DC89 pivots to Starfire channeling mode

These new badges are glorious! I heart them all the so very much! The hooray!

Even the ever so very ambivalent Rae Rae approves of these wonderous new colorful acknowledgments of the achievements as well:

Thank you ever so much @Jitsu and all of our very amazing mods who have endeavored so tirelessly to make these happen! You are all the bestest!

11 Likes

Same, can’t wait to see everyone’s pets. All in all great new badges!

10 Likes

I’m all for a Pet’s topic. I always enjoy seeing everyone’s pets and talking about them.

Love the new badges!

11 Likes

issue is, i dont have a pet. my sister UNINTENTIONALLY killed it.

she didn’t know she can’t pet a fish…

9 Likes

HAPPY DCUNNIVERSARY @DC89!!!

10 Likes

Yay! New badges!

7 Likes