The Terrifics

Melvin, I love the possibilities of cameos from different teams. An opportunity to bring Power Girl or Dr. Mid-Nite into post-Rebirth.

1 Like

I have been posting the same thread

Go, Terrifics Go!!

I said it before, and I’ll say it again: I LOVE THIS BOOK!!!

1 Like

Must read, love the c list list teams, keep waiting for Primal Force and Shadowpact to show up.

See what the critics are saying about the Terrifics.

DC Comic News: The Terrifics has been one of the best titles in DC’s lineup, and the main success of the New Age of Heroes line. The question remains as to whether Gene Luen Yang can maintain the high level of quality set by Lemire. So far, it appears that he has the potential to do so and has made a decent start.

Comicbook.com: This issue of The Terrifics is truly zany from start to finish in all of the best ways.

Black Nerd Problems: All in all, The Terrifics #16 continues to reinvigorate the series. Yang and Segovia have thrown these lovable misfits in to a less cosmic, more personal adventure and only two issues in, they have built considerable momentum and this one feels special.

1 Like

Interesting. Im not familiar with the team at all, but Ill add it to my list since so many people enjoy it and recommend it.

2 Likes

Major Zuma, you check out the first 3 issues on DC Universe, to get you started.

1 Like

I just read the first 2 issues. Its fantastic. Lemire is so consistent in his quality, Animal Man, Green Arrow, etc. Ivan’s artwork is also fantastic. Plastic Man is awesome, Mr. Terrific is a good team leader. Im not that familiar with these characters and now I want to be.

Lemire and Ivan Reis knock it out of the park. Im liking what I see of this New Age of Heroes line. It feels very fresh, and some of these creative teams are outstanding. Ive just been browsing through some of the previews, definitely gonna keep my eye out for titles on this label.

2 Likes

I like the terrifics 2

1 Like

Go Terrifics Go!

1 Like

How did I miss a Lemire book? I collect literally (not Valiant) everything he does…

Glad to hear it’s good, however! Look forward to catching up! Is it kosher to talk about his um…recent other company work? (especially since it’s crossing over with Justice League soon…) 'Cause damn…makes me hyped for this Terrifics if that’s the standard!

1 Like

DeadmanBrand, I say go ahead and talk about it!

Fair enough, @michael holt, since Black Hammer will be crossing over with Justice League in just a bit, I would recommemd getting caught up. Apart from Tom King’s Mister Miracle (which really is the most important book in at least a decade), Black Hammer is the best thing I’ve read in quite some time. Hits all the feelies, since it’s really playing off of (mostly) DC characters. Will be fun to see a couple meet their counterparts, such as Barbalien meeting Martian Manhunter.

Anyhoo, sorry to derail the thread. Putting Terrifics on the reading list now.

1 Like

Another reason why I am convinced the Terrifics is a great comic book is because after this month, the Terrifics will be the only book from The New Age of DC Heroes series that spun off from Dark Night Metal. Go! Terrifics Go!

3 Likes

I am reading the new Justice League ‘Year of the Villian’ and I love how The Terrifics are being included in this major DC event! Go, Terrifics Go!

I just finished reading The Terrifics issue 17, and with each issue I am becoming more and more a fan of Gene Luen Yang! It’s nice to know that I am not alone.

DC Comics News: Verdict Gene Luen Yang is doing an admirable job with his first story arc so far. Jeff Lemire is a hard act to follow, but Yang is delivering. The Terrifics has been one of my favourite titles since its first issue, and the changing of the creative guard has not led to any drop in quality.

Black Nerd Problems: Yang and Segovia continue to prove that they were the perfect creative team to revitalizes the Terrifics. This arc contains some of the best content featuring this cast in a minute, and between the wacky antics of virtual plagues and the compelling interpersonal dynamics, it’s a strong comic that continues a strong arc and sets the stage for lots of awesome things to come.

Lyles Movie Files : I love the playfulness of this story and Yangs dead-on instincts in handling the characters. Were getting close to the point where its time to wind this arc down, but Yang and Segovia are making this a fun ride.

I was also very happy with this series, it had that weird fun factor, gave us a new phantom girl and an elemento dog, and gave Mr. Terrific a team, purpose and clear personality again. This different initiatives by DC to launch new, different series normally end with little impact, just a hit like this makes it worth while

1 Like

Just finished reading The Terrifics #18 and I have to say Gene Luen Yang and the Terrifics are a perfect fit. If you want to read the best team of DC, check them out!

Did every one of those New Age of Heroes books fail? If Terrifics was the most successful and just went under, that would seem to indicate a bunch of flops. I read the promos for them and none really grabbed me. I was kind of interested in the Terrifics though if I had to read one.

Also, those books claimed to come out of Metal, and I didn’t see any ties to the book when I read through it.