The Terrifics

The Terrifics issue 14 came out last week and it was an epic way to conclude the most creative and financially successful book to come out of the dark nights metal books. I will miss Jeff Lemire on this book. I just hope this book stays interesting in months to come. I hope they make a graphic novel of Jeff’s run. I know I can’t be the only one that enjoyed this book. If you enjoyed the book show your support below and maybe mention you favorite issue or moment so far. Mine is issue 10 when we find out the identity of Doc Dread. Plus it has a nice cover!

8 Likes

I just started reading this book a couple of weeks ago I read the first trade 1-6 so I am still catching up .Thats to bad that Lemire is leaving the book.I am enjoy it I hope it continues

3 Likes

I got my trade on volume 1 on special order from my LCS. Am looking forward to reading it. Seems like such a fun book.

1 Like

AnimalPerson, I hope so too.

DanTheManOne1, I hope you enjoy it as much as I have!

Just read issue 14 minutes ago. Really strong book, great take on the characters, compelling reason for the team to work together, and most importantly the book is fun. Lemire should be proud. Didn’t see who’s taking over.

2 Likes

I also read the trade definitely plan to get the next one to see what happens next

1 Like

I’ve been reading The Terrifics since the first issue came out and I love it! It’s a great, great series!

2 Likes

msgtv I couldn’t agree with you more! The next person that will be writing for The Terrifics is Gene Luen Yang.

1 Like

It’s really been a strong series. Goes to the top of my head pile every month. I hope this is a team with staying power. Wouldn’t make a bad DC Universe show either!

2 Likes

Is Gene Luen Yang a good writer? I hope the answer is yes

1 Like

AnimalPerson, I know he has done other books for DC in the past but I am not familiar with his work so…I hope so too!

I’ve been reading it via the Superman Giant issues, so I’m a bit behind, but I’ve enjoyed it, I liked how they’ve brought these characters together and it’s worked really well.

As for Gene Luen Yang, he wrote the New Super-Man book, the first two arcs of which are on the service, and I’ll be honest: of all the Superman books going on during Rebirth, New Super-Man was the best one, hands down, better than even Action and Tomasi’s Superman. It’s seriously THAT good. The Terrifics are in, well, terrific hands.

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads up Jay_Kay!

Gene Luen Yang also wrote the Truth arc of Superman in 2015.

I’d not heard of him taking over The Terrifics. That’s exciting!

1 Like

I haven’t read every ish of The Terrifics but I absolutely adore the ones I have. I plan to complete the run soon and read em all.

2 Likes

I, too, have been reading The Terrifics in the Superman Giant issues (Superman is what I collect), and I’ve enjoyed it, though of course I’m only up to #9.

As for Gene Luen Yang, I’m not a big fan of the “Truth” arc–though he wasn’t the only writer involved with that–but I do agree with others here that his run on New Super-Man was quite enjoyable (and actually moreso than some of the other Super-related books at the time). Based on that, I think he might do well on The Terrifics.

1 Like

Looking forward to Gene Luen Yang on The Terrifics!

been great series all around. I’ve absolutely loved Michael since his debut and excited he’s finally gotten to shine.

1 Like

I have enjoyed this book also! Super hero friendships can make for some fun comics. The Terrifics remind me of the JLI members Booster, Beetle, Fire & Ice and how much their relationships and personal issues interfered with their super hero missions.
It’s been fun watching MrT, Plas, Metamorpho and PG bond. The potential for guest appearances is exciting. Can we get a JLI, LSH, JSA or, Outsiders cameo soon? These characters are different since they were part of their former teams. I wonder how differently they’d be around their former teammates. (
The new additions to the Terrifics have me curious to see if 1. Mr. Terrific will lighten up (I’m convinced he dislikes most people) and 2) Plastic Man can be a dad. PM has stayed the same over the years but having his son around could change that.

1 Like