The Talon | Music Discussion | Smallville Fan Club

What!!! lol Yes you HAVE to go back lol Check for the Talon Mix while you’re there! And if there are extra copies get one for me! :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

I remember watching the show when it first air, along with Star Trek Enterprise. :grinning: so here goes, by the way @Bar-El, great club idea and congratulation! :superman:

1. Somebody Save me! I’ve been waiting for you! Love the song, I thought it was a great opening to a show. If you watch the last episode of season 1 you see Remy Zero making a cameo appearance on the show singing it!
    Still can’t believe that Clark ran into a Tornado! :astonished::tornado::fearful:

2. Like with watching Mary Tyler Moore show or Dukes Of Hazzard, the opening song will never get old and outdated. Now I really want to listen to the song!:laughing: by the way I still have the Smallville talon mix cd.

3. I thought they were all good.I like The Calling, ‘I’ll go wherever you go.’

4. It’s not Easy (Superman) That was play when Clark say goodbye to his new friend, Ryan. That was so good, his second appearance was so sad as well! :sob:

5. I think my last answer said it all. :grinning:

8 Likes

That was the only Smallville related CD they had sadly. If you want I’d be happy to mail it to you if it’s still there!

7 Likes

Just PM’d you!

6 Likes

Droppin’ these Smallville-esque tunes:

6 Likes

Oh yeah, The Ace of Clubs is totally rocking that!

6 Likes

So am I! :man_dancing:

I bet Bibbo would really pump up the volume for Come Into My Dreams. :wink:

7 Likes

@Bar-El , Thanks for all the hard work!
Great music mix. I mean it, lol.

6 Likes

At my bar mitzvah, my mom and I danced to a Rascal Flatts song! Oh my god! Smallville was at my bar mitzvah. Or was my bar mitzvah in Smallville? But it was in NJ…

Oh forget it

7 Likes

Here’s a couple of music videos that I found that played on Smallville, Superman it’s not easy & Johnny Cash ‘hurt’. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Dig both, especially Johnny Cash as I love his music.

5 Likes

Thanks @Jared-El_Wayne! :grin:

5 Likes

:rofl: love it!

6 Likes

The music choices were perfect for the show! If for no other reason, they help keep the show fixed in a particular time. I know that most of the time it’s not a good thing when a show feels dated, but there was no way of preventing that from happening with Smallville so I’m glad they just leaned into it. I mean, this was a show that had the technology and the fashion sense of the 2000s, so it would have felt odd if the music wasn’t also contemporary.

5 Likes

Plus it’s a riot watching and then being reminded of you and your friends belting out the ballads and all that nostalgia :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Since we’ve watched 2 episodes now in the Super Spooktacular Smallville Festival, I thought I’d list out the songs featured in these episodes!

Season 2, episode 21: Accelerate
“I’m with You” - Avril Lavigne

Season 5, episode 5: Thirst
“Wikked Lil’ Grrrls” - Esthero
“Guiltless” - Martin Grech
“Bela Lugosi’s Dead” - Bauhaus
“Deadfall” - The Swear
“Girls Attractive” - Diamond Nights (included on the Metropolis Mix)
“Abandoned” - The Swear
“Set the Grass On Fire” - Elysian Fields

6 Likes

I normally thought the music was repetitive.

5 Likes

The two moments I always go back to are:

1. Lois dunks Clark in Season 4 (Avril Lavigne - My Happy Ending)
  2. Clark and Lois’ wedding (Sarah Bareilles - Breathe Again)
6 Likes

Omg the dunk is such epic chemistry I freaked!

Are they even acting? It’s so genuine!

6 Likes

and Jason and Chloe and just loving the fireworks.

7 Likes