The Superman Thread

Amnesia kiss.

4 Likes

Kingdom Come does not make my top 10 storylines list, but it is close.

2 Likes

The magic route is obvious, though messing with the collective world’s memory presents certain ethical questions.

The easiest way would be through a Crisis level event, like the current one, that results in a modified universe. A lot of Superman’s big changes have been through these events.

Time travel is another possibility. He can create his own Flashpoint.

He can take on another secret identity in another city with another job.

Or what @MatthewHecht said.

4 Likes

My favorite version is the radio drama!

5 Likes

Even Mitch grew up. Now I feel even older.

5 Likes

Somedays you just have to enjoy watching Clark clobber Bizarro.

4 Likes

I prefer the sympathetic Biz, the Flowers for Bizarro two-parter in the 2013 digital first Adventures of Superman anthology is a perfect example of that, it’s on the DCUI site here: Adventures of Superman (2013-) #25

4 Likes

21 years ago this month, Bizarro literally ended the Triangle Era:

4 Likes

Thank you, Bizarro!!!

…I’m kidding, really, it was a joke! Don’t @ me!

3 Likes

puts his Nerd Glasses on over his regular glasses

Technically, the books were still crossing over for a while after they dropped the triangle numbering. The only major difference was the lack of a designated reading order indicator on their covers.

So, while he did end it in one way, Biz also didn’t end it in another.

Now, you’ll excuse me…

takes off his Nerd Glasses and pushes his regular glasses up, Reeve-style

…I’m going to listen to Biz Markie. Specifically, “Just a Friend”.

bets a Monopoly fiver that Bizarro listens to Biz

4 Likes

Myself recharging Superman. I think Wonder Woman thought I was putting him out of his misery.

4 Likes

Some pretty AWESOME Superman family news - we finally have a release date for the Round Robin Superboy miniseries (April), we’re getting a Steelworks title starring John Henry and Natasha, as well as a ton of other DCUniverse new titles with Dawn of DC! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Very interested to see where the Steelworks title goes. That means that another character will likely take over the backups that John and Natasha will have in upcoming Action.

2 Likes

Current Action backups are Superman and Lois season 2 by Jurgens and Weeks, and the Williams Power Girl story. I think John Henry and Natasha are in the main story by PKJ.

3 Likes

Even better. I wonder if PKJ is going to move onto Green Lantern and let another creative team pick up with another character once his John and Natasha story is done. Presumably it will finish around the time of the new title.

3 Likes

My initial Dawn of DC thoughts:

I’m glad it kicks off the right way, i.e. The Superman Way™.

All of the recently-announced titles sound pretty rad (especially Waid and Mora’s Shazam), and I’m glad Hal Jordan will have a new starring gig.

That said, my “DODC titles I buy at retail” fix will be Superman-based (Superman being my most-anticipated title so far, with Action a close second), while the other titles will be Ultra reads.

Also, I’m very glad to see Superboy: The Man of Tomorrow is on-track for release as part of DODC.

I saw a rather ignorant YouTube video about that title yesterday, wherein the speaker assumed the title was cancelled.

I said to myself “They’re probably holding it back as a tie-in to Kon’s 30th anniversary and/or to release alongside something else.”

I was right, while the YouTube person was wrong.

Anyhow…Steelworks sounds pretty rad.

I’m glad John is getting a new starring gig, especially since he, like Kon, turns the big 3-0 in '23.

6 Likes

Steelworks sounds interesting. One thing that is a shame if Superman and Lois does end up becoming a victim of the new The CW’s plan to give up (or merely be cheap about) the DCW is that the series won’t get to do much more exploration of Natasha in live action. And if Nexstar approves of a S4, or even a S5 at financial terms acceptable to WB Television, does the new suits comments about ‘four Batman’ mean that they think that consumers don’t understand what AU versions of alternate versions of the same character are or mean?

4 Likes

Was a good movie and the comics were great.loved the 1990s Eradicater in the comics.

4 Likes

Welcome to the community.

4 Likes

Thank you

3 Likes