The Superman Thread

IDK if its been covered already, but since Son of Kal-El #11 is out this week, I wanted to mention this in regards to #10:

Batman says Jay can’t be trusted. What do we think Jay’s deal is?

As for Cyborg Superman, he’s wicked-rad. Loved his appearance in Deathstroke Inc., too.

4 Likes

Don’t forget Artemis became Wonder Woman in the 90s as well! Hmm… I can now see things being set up from Trial of the Amazons now that you mention this.

2 Likes

I really like Cyborg Superman when he’s portrayed as more of a tragic/pathetic figure. Yes, he’s evil, but he’s incredibly sad.

4 Likes

You have asked a question that I have been pondering. If Batman says someone can’t be trusted, you can take that as fact. Then again, his love life shows otherwise.

3 Likes

Kind of have to do this, since Cyborg Superman and Artemis came up, and they have excellent figures by Mattel:

From 2007:

Toys R Us exclusive 12-inch edition

From 2008:

From 2010:

Another Toys R Us exclusive (the year of release escapes me, offhand):

4 Likes

I want Jay and Jon to work, as Jon doesn’t deserve the heartbreak of a love interest who’s ultimately out to get him.

We’ll see what happens.

4 Likes

I think it may be a case of Jay being unwittingly involved with people he shouldn’t be involved with, and Batman has caught wind of that somehow.

3 Likes

That’s what I’m hoping.

3 Likes

I enjoyed his relationship with Saturn Girl. It just kinda got tossed out without explanation or follow up in favor of Jay. Oh well.

3 Likes

I did forget about that!

4 Likes

I want that Artemis!!!

4 Likes

Just to tie the last few threads of this…uh… thread together, had Lois & Clark not become a tv series, then the wedding would have happened in Superman #75 in 1992. When Carlin’s crew were informed they couldn’t do the wedding, they decided to kill him instead.

4 Likes

I don’t know…Jay would be more appealing if the whole thing hadn’t been rushed. I think they will break up…then maybe get back together again later.

4 Likes

I think Jay is ultimately a sincere guy, but I think he will try and push Jon into a direction he can’t go.

4 Likes

Thus allowing the Superman team to finally kill Kal after years of jokingly saying “Let’s just kill him!” during story conferences. :smiley:

I did too. It was one of a variety of things I liked about Bendis’ Legion.

Jon is bi though, so if Jay doesn’t work, then maybe Saturn Girl will? :man_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes

I have mixed opinions on Jay. With Dick Grayson being a shareholder of his umm… “underground” newspaper and I wonder if there was more to the conversation that we didn’t see with Dick and Lois about her joining the “underground” newspaper. It does seem like there is something more than meets the eye. On top of that, Jay seems to be have been withholding info through out the story. If I was playing Among Us, I would be calling sus.

I would like for Jon to be happy but I don’t think Jay is the person to do that. There were a few other coming outs in the DC universe over the past year and I would be tickled red if it was one of those people but that might spoil the relationship for a lot of people.

I don’t think Jay will be his last relationship and that is fine, that is part of growing up.

(It is late and I can’t remember the name of the newspaper)

3 Likes

coming up in Son of Kal-El #18

“Jon you’re dating me in the present day and a girl one thousand years in the future?”

DRAMA!

I also want to see Jon and Tim Drake dating for no other reason than to see Damian sent into a dimension of ticked off that no one ever knew existed.

MORE DRAMA!

5 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

I think Jon has a date with destiny.

3 Likes

Superman is my favorite DC Comics character! And I have to say i’m currently loving the current Action Comics run by Phillip Kennedy Johnson and Superman: Son of Kal-El by Tom Taylor. Both are stand out books for their respective characters!

Also I’m really looking forward to Mark Russell’s Superman: Space Age mini-series!

6 Likes