The Superman Thread

A popular manga and anime, yes. His whole thing is that he’s built himself up to such a level that he wins every fight with a single punch, and thus being a hero has become boring to him.

But he wouldn’t defeat Superman.

3 Likes

So this “One Punch Man” should be fighting Guy Gardner.

6 Likes

Heads up- Mark Waid begins his run in March, but it looks like we’ll be getting an appetizer for that main course starting January 25

And here’s a 5 page preview :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Nice to see some action, and nice to see Batman in his classic blue & gray suit. Looks to be a fun read!

2 Likes

Also the first time Ivy has teamed with Metallo since the 90’s

If there was a time since then, I don’t remember it.

2 Likes

Seems like it’s been longer than just “the not too distant past” for this status quo. Lois has known about Clark since the early 90s. Comic book time, I know. I guess when you factor in that Jon is 10ish (of our years) old, and the time they spent dating up to marriage before that… it wasn’t that long ago?

2 Likes

Superman and Lois TONIGHT!

and NAOMI too… (we both have the same favorite super hero)

CW viewing positions!

4 Likes

:raised_hands: :superman_hv_4: :00_superman1:

2 Likes

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

Already making space on my bookshelf for this beauty. This is a must have for sure!

2 Likes

He does turn 30 this year

4 Likes

Wasn’t sure why you had that blurred, but after watching the first episode of Superman & Lois, now I obviously get it. Can’t to wait to see what they do with this.

2 Likes

Over the past year or so I’ve gotten these Superman HCs for presents—Christmas, birthday, Father’s Day:

As I’ve read through them I’ve developed a fairly hot take. I think my least favorite part of the “John Byrne” reboot of Superman is John Byrne. Don’t get me wrong. I really enjoy Byrne’s writing and art. But I find myself more drawn to the Marv Wolfman and Jerry Ordway stuff. And I think I enjoy this era even more after Byrne’s departure, when the different books become more consistently connected as guys like Roger Stern, Kerry Gammill, George Perez, and Dan Jurgens get involved. Certainly all that stuff builds on what Byrne did, and who knows what would have happened without Byrne generating some buzz early on. But more and more I appreciate the other creators involved in late-80s Superman.

3 Likes

My latest edition to my mini Superman tree finally arrived!

5 Likes

co signed

John does a fine setup overall, but it’s when Superman comes back from space after Invasion where the various threads start paying off every month in a great run of weekly Superman comics.

3 Likes