The Superman Thread

That Superman looks great!!! Me being picky, I saw you got this at Ollie’s which means you got a great price on this, the Daily Planet lettering is more bubbly than I like. As I said, I am being picky on this piece. Superman looks amazing, which is what matters the most and I really dig the coloring of the background and the shading on Supes.

One thing that I really appreciated and even took for granted was the style of Metropolis (this applies to Gotham in BTAS as well). On top of that, the show had A+ voice acting. If that wasn’t enough, the stories were excellent. @Reaganfan78 as I know you dig animated series you might want to check out Tubi TV (Tubi TV is a FREE AND LEGAL streaming app on Roku, Apple, Amazon, game systems, computer, phones/tablets) for the 80s Ruby-Spears Superman series. The animation is great and the stories are excellent. Please keep in mind that the show is heavily influenced by the comics of the era.

Count me in as very excited, too!

They might be under-appreciated but I think things are slowly changing. In the new digital-first series Sensational Wonder Woman issues 3 and 4 (series is currently on Comixology and worth the $0.99), she has to go to Warworld and fight Mongul. I am not sure if Wonder Woman has a history with Mongul but I have always associated him with Superman.

I miss and love Bibbo!!! I even included him on my bookmark that is currently in my Lois Lane: A Celebration of 75 Years book.
(feel free to save and print and laminate for your own use!)

I don’t mean to go off subject but Silver Banshee vs Black Canary would be a fun Who Would Win entry!

I don’t think it is telekinesis. I think it is his heat vision holding the molecules together. At least, that is what I got from that example.

Now to make this post even longer, what are some of your favorite stories or trade paperbacks?
A few of mine in no order, I have included pictures of the issues that make up the collected editions when applicable:

One last thing, as Bibbo was mentioned, which I love, I do want to say that I think Superman has the best supporting characters in comics. The only character that I think comes almost close, okay not very close but none really do, is Witchblade. I think the supporting cast matters greatly in the telling of Superman stories. Everyone from Lois, Perry, Jonathan, Martha, Jor-El, Lara Lor-Von to Jimmy Olsen, Cat Grant and Ron Troupe. Not to mention the Metropolis Police Department characters like Maggie Sawyer.

Edit: sorry for making this post crazy long but I didn’t want to make multiple posts to reply to everything that I wanted to reply to.

7 Likes