📺 :superman: The Superboy TV Series 35th Anniversary Appreciation Thread :superman: 📺

Nice avatar update! :+1:t2:

Time for polls!

Poll 1: Who is your favorite Superboy from this series?

• John Haymes Newton. He’s cool as ice.
  • Gerard Christopher. You can’t beat someone who superbly played a :superman:uper-based character when they have “Christopher” as part of their name.

0 voters

Poll the deux: Which season of Superboy is your favorite?

• All of 'em! Why must I choose? Why?

0 voters

Poll tres: Have you read Superboy: The Comic Book?

• I have. Its a solid TV tie-in.
  • I have not, but I’d like to.
  • There are comics that tie into outside media? “This is brand-new information!”

0 voters

It’s free to watch on Tubi. Some of the effects hold up. It’s too painful that Lana is almost always a damsel in distress and pretty ineffectual at even that, or that the villains are often overweight, and likely underpaid stunt actors so they get no real lines, and nothing interesting to do. It’s very crime oriented, but the episodes are short (30 minutes) and if you space them out, it’s not really a chore. I typically watch something when I eat lunch and sometimes turns to this, I started last year and I’m barely up to episode 20 of the first season. I am not sure if I will pick up my pace although allegedly the two later seasons are better?

I just finished a three month Black Friday promo of HBO Max and I was disappointed that some of the stuff that used to be on the original DCUI as far as video wasn’t there and agree that it’s annoying that this type of stuff wasn’t there. I understand WB’s decision to want to monetize stuff but that has more to do with bad decisions and bad business practices than anything else.

I agree that Haymes Newton was better and he was only dropped due to a salary dispute, not for anything like acting talent.

They beat Lois & Clark to it although more people were likely exposed to the idea by L&C.

He’s got a subreddit but no one really comments on there. He’s got some interesting fan art ideas.

@Vroom I have no favorite memories of any of the 20 some episodes I’ve seen so far. I do intend to watch them all - eventually, unless the heat death of the planet comes sooner, Tubi loses the rights, or my own personal heat death comes sooner. Someplace I may still have some of the scans to the Comic Book tie-in and I got those buying a DVD from someone on ebay ages ago, but I figured I should watch the series first. I knew about the re-titling. I no longer buy physical DVDs but agree it should be remastered.

I prefer my Superboys as (a) young Clark, (b) Conner/Kon, or (c) any others. In that regard, live action young Clark Kent’s, I prefer (even though it’s a really short scene), Stephen Bender in Superman Returns. I don’t count Tom Welling because I’m perpetually salty about certain things. As for live action Conner’s, I prefer Joshua Orpin but I do agree that Lucas Grabeel was good.

1 Like