The strengths of HEROES IN CRISIS -- or maybe not

I just read HiC #5. I really hope this isn’t going where I think it is with Wally. I can’t wait for this to end already.

1 Like

I’ll admit I am coming around more to HiC but I’m worried about Wally too…hoping he is not the killer.

1 Like

Just not sure how to feel. Hoping it’s misdirection in terms of the killer!

1 Like

You realize, the killer will probably get their own book by Tom King, showing the aftermath of the PSTD collapse. The plot here seems to be hero gets sent to sanctuary, sanctuary has opposite affect, hero snaps, this causes sanctuary to go wonky, many dead-- reversable or not. This likely means the killer is a character Tom King professes to like. Kyle/Lantern. Dick/Ric/Nightwing. A not so Dead Wally/Flash. The wildcard here would be a not so dead Roy/Arsenal. Back in Infinite Crisis days, it was suggested that Roy’s existence in the timelines/alternate Earth’s is a bit more fluid than most. Roy appears in Titans, Nightwing, Green Arrow, and the Flash right before Heroes In Crisis-- and he’s really, really different in each story-- more so than just different writers.

Can you clarify your statement on the killer getting their own book? Is that supposed to be reassuring somehow?

I hate this series. Sorry, but I do. I love Tom King’s Batman run, and I totally get what he’s trying to do with the whole PTSD thing, but the whole story is too dark and depressing for a big crossover in my opinion. I don’t enjoy seeing characters killed off for marketing reasons, and killing Wally West right after brining him back was kind of a slap in the face to all the people who came back for Rebirth.

As for these deaths being permanent, I remember voting to kill off Jason Todd. That was definitely permanent… until it wasn’t.

Having said all that, Tom King is a fantastic writer, so maybe Booster will break the timeline and at the end Wally and Roy will be alive, Donna Troy will be a grown-up Wonder Girl, Cyborg will be a former Teen Titan again, and all will be right with the world again. One can hope.

Well, if you are enjoying HIC, the yea, that would be a solid payoff, and even deeper drama. If you are not enjoying HIC, then you will still most likely be calling shenanigans.

@Abathur I voted against killing Jason Todd.

1 Like