The Speed Force

Changed so I’ll get notifications. In FL for family visit. Ran yesterday and this morning, boy it’s been a while since I’ve run in anyplace this humid and hot.

6 Likes

I’m very into politics, so this sounded like an amateur authoritarian club to me :wink:

5 Likes

Little Mussolini junior club members

5 Likes

It looks like the group registration is really geared towards businesses sponsoring their employees to participate (i.e. as part of a health or charity initiative) rather than friends and social groups. We need a sponsoring group to pay 50% of the registration to set it up, which I don’t think we’ll be able to get DCUI to do, especially since the only folks to confirm so far have already registered. :frowning:

5 Likes

I have not run in 3 weeks, I’ve been away, my run buddy is M. I. A. I’m actually worried about him. But I digress, las Saturday I ran my first event in over a year…. Thanks 2020 :disappointed:

It was only a 5k but man 3 weeks off sure hurt my time and my body

Got a pretty cool shirt and medal though

6 Likes

The real reason people do races. :laughing:

But congrats on the run! And the shirt and medal!

5 Likes

Taking three weeks off before a race is just tapering harder than anyone else. :laughing:

5 Likes

That is a sweet logo! Nice job getting out there despite the break in running! Hope it was a fun race even if it wasn’t your best.

If you’re interested, please add it to the July Run Log. You can even double dip and count it as Nanaue’s Independence Day 5k Beach Fun Run if you want to register for some sweet downloads. (Not nearly as cool as the stopwatchermelon, but it’s good to have art goals as well as run goals.)

5 Likes

My running update is that I recently realized that many of the Doctor Who audio shows from Big Finish are available on Apple Music with my subscription. I’ve listed to 6 shows so far involving Doctors 5-8. Later they pull in more. I alternate running to a Doctor Who then to music. I’ve got a lot of Doctor Who miles ahead of me.

5 Likes

Oh, nice! Does it have the old ('66, '76, '85, '93, and '96) stories, or just the “modern” era (post 2003ish)? I’ll have to see if those are available on anything I subscribe to.

I used to be pretty in to building the “perfect” running playlist for every type of run, but since the clip broke on my MP3 player I’ve been getting lazier about it. (Maybe that’s what I need to motivate me?) Nowadays I usually hit something from SiriusXM streaming when I run outside (ideally LSUG if I get out early enough to catch Kelly’s show), or watch something on Disney+ (subtitled, so as not to wake the wifey) if I’m inside on the treadmill.

Do we need a run mix thread?

5 Likes

Actually, these are original audio stories that Big Finish began producing in the late 90s, starting with the actual actors for Doctors 5-7, they then added the 8th Doctor, and eventually got series with Matt Smith, David Tenent and more. They are still producing them, those on The Apple subscription go up to about 5 years ago. Maybe 100 in all between the different series. The company does some other properties too like Blake’s 7 and Dark Shadows

4 Likes

Winter time on treadmill I catch up on a lot of shows. Used to do subtitles, then bought the Roku with headphone Jack in the remote.

4 Likes

This came in handy a lot in college

3 Likes

Omg ive missed so much! Ya been busy @keath and all the speedsters! Havent ran in a while as I was visiting the fam in NY (went hiking instead) but now im back in texas and I forgot how dang hot it is even in the am. Need to get back used to it. Going to start a real short run tomorrow. Looking forward to registering for the bman virtual race and running with yall

5 Likes

Woohoo! Hiking with the fam is always a worthy distraction. Stay safe in the Texas heat!! (Random me fact: my first ever marathon was Austin!)

(I’m wearing my Batman Run hoodie right now! So dapper. :tophat:)

6 Likes

Not sure if anyone here has ever been to Dragon Con but they have a virtual race this year. All proceeds are being donated to Big Brother Big Sister of Atlanta. And you get a cool medal!

6 Likes

Oh cool. My sister in law is planning her Dragon Con schedule right now! Looks like registration is closed for the race, though?

4 Likes

I registered last night and it was open. I think you need to say how many tickets you want to get for the race before it let’s you go to the full registration page.

3 Likes

Cool, thanks!

3 Likes

On a roll this month! Trying to keep the momentum going,

Ponyo_running_on_water

6 Likes