The Speed Force July 2021 Run Log

Group activity log for July - lets see how many workouts we can log as a group! Outrun them sharks!

Username Date Sport Distance Time Emoji
@keath 01-Jul-2021 :running_man: 2.0 m 26:12 :hot_face:
@SteveTrevor2.0 01-Jul-2021 :deciduous_tree::running_man::deciduous_tree: 2.0 m 29:46 :smiley:
@SteveTrevor2.0 04-Jul-2021 :deciduous_tree::running_man::deciduous_tree: 9.0 m 2:08:11 :smiley:
@SteveTrevor2.0 06-Jul-2021 :deciduous_tree::running_man::deciduous_tree: 5.0 mi 1:04:38 :smiley:
@SteveTrevor2.0 09-Jul-2021 :deciduous_tree::running_man::deciduous_tree: 4.0 m 44:37 :smiley:
@Row.Harper 11-Jul-2021 :bike: 9.0 m 45:00 :mechanical_leg:
@SteveTrevor2.0 11-Jul-2021 :deciduous_tree::running_man::deciduous_tree: 10.0 m 2:27:55 :smiley:
@keath 13-Jul-2021 :running_man: 3.0 m 41:08 :sloth:
@SteveTrevor2.0 13-Jul-2021 :deciduous_tree::running_man::deciduous_tree: 5.0 m 1:09:17 :drpsycho_eyebrowhqtas:
@SteveTrevor2.0 15-Jul-2121 :yjo_fredd_bugg::running_man::yjo_fredd_bugg: 3.0 m 42:52 :angry:
@keath 15-Jul-2021 :running_man: 3.0 m 41:27 :bear:
@Row.Harper 15-Jul-2021 :bike: 6.0 m 30:00 :triumph:
@PMoslice 17-Jul-2021 :deciduous_tree: :running_man: :deciduous_tree: 5.0 k 44:16 :turtle:
@SteveTrevor2.0 18-Jul-2021 :cloud_with_rain::running_man: :cloud_with_rain: 10.0 m 2:24:45 :kite_man_hell_yeah:
@keath 19-Jul-2021 :running_man: 2.0 m 32:08 :crossed_swords:
@Row.Harper 20-Jul-2021 :bike: 9.5 m 45:00 :hot_face:
@SteveTrevor2.0 20-Jul-2021 :deciduous_tree: :running_man: :deciduous_tree: 5.0 m 1:10:06 :turtle:
@keath 21-Jul-2021 :running_man: 2.0 m 31:49 :robot:
@SteveTrevor2.0 22-Jul-2021 :deciduous_tree: :running_man: :deciduous_tree: 5.0 m 1:00:24 :rabbit2:
@keath 23-Jul-2021 :running_man: 3.0 m 41:06 :man_shrugging:
@PMoslice 24-Jul-2021 :deciduous_tree: :running_man: :deciduous_tree: 5.0 k 38:40 :bat:
@SteveTrevor2.0 24-Jul_2021 :steam_locomotive: :biking_man: :steam_locomotive: 25.0 m 1:40:25 :ambulance:
@SteveTrevor2.0 25-Jul-2021 :cloud_with_rain: :running_man: :cloud_with_rain: 11.5 m 3:02:05 :smirk:
@keath 28-Jul-2021 :running_man: 3.1 m 36:00 :medal_sports:
@Row.Harper 29-Jul-2021 :bike: 10 m 45:00 :sleeping:
@SteveTrevor2.0 29-Jul-2021 :cloud_with_rain::running_man: :deciduous_tree: 5.0m 1:01:39 :upside_down_face:
4 Likes

Just ran/walked an easy 2 on trails. 29:46.

2 Likes

Got back to the gym today and did about 9 miles in 45 minutes on the bike.

I usually use the recumbent bike but they were all being used today so I used the normal one. And I’m already sore. :laughing: I might have to keep using the regular bike instead. I didn’t realize it was that much different.

2 Likes

New runs for the month.
7/4 9 miles in 2:08:11
7/6 5 miles in 1:04:38
7/9 4 miles in 44:37
7/11 10 miles in 2:27:55

30 miles total for the month. All on trails with a 5 minute warm up and 5 minute cool down. I round up/down to the nearest mile and figure it averages out. GPS is only so accurate.

1 Like

Nice job Steve & Harper!

@Row.Harper – that whole engaging different muscles thing can sneak up on you. My knee has been no bueno the past week or so, so I shifted to weights for the first time in a long time - hella light weights, but I ached SO HARD the next day.

@SteveTrevor2.0 – awesome job with the consistency. Still something I’m struggling with. Do you hit the same trails every time, with variations in the number of loops or specific branches, or is the different distances reflective of completely different trail systems?

2 Likes

I have two trails near me and then one I go to meet with my running partner on Sundays. There are actually quite a few more trails within 30 minutes of me if I need a change.

The two close ones have loops of different lengths, up to 12 miles. The one I meet my partner at has a lot more than that, but I just follow her and we run whatever we run.

Consistency is tough at first but once you make it a habit it kind of takes care of itself. I think of it as spending a daily willpower point for the the first two weeks and then only one point a week to maintain, but I may have read too many roleplaying games in my life.

2 Likes

Yeah it really can! But I’m just happy to have time to go to the gym right now. So I don’t mind being sore at all. :laughing:

2 Likes

Easing my knee back in to life. (And to think I briefly considered joining the office kickball team…)

Also, just FYI to all, the first post is a wiki if you want to add your runs directly. I’m happy to edit it based on comments, but wanted everyone to be able to contribute directly as well…

2 Likes

Busted knee is rough. Hope it heals up quick.

I managed to figure out how to edit the wiki. I’m giving myself an “attaboy” badge: :batparrot:

2 Likes

Hey, the forum gave me a new badge “Earthly Genius.” Whew, what an amazing day I’m having!

2 Likes

Thanks. Its not so much an overt injury as an old man who sucks at stretching. Every now and then I pay for it with intense pain that makes it hard to even walk. When I run regularly, it pretty much vanishes, which SHOULD keep me motivated, but, well… :man_shrugging:

Well earned, and well played!!
Congrats on earning the edit a wiki badge. Bonus!

2 Likes

Went out to a different trail this morning. Hadn’t been there in months. I was swarmed by deer flies. So many deer flies. I wear deer fly patches on my cap at places I know are bad, but this trail was never bad before. I was going for five but bailed at 3.

Picture from a previous run of a deer fly patch. Blurred out in case you just don’t like bugs.

2 Likes

That’s insane. Brilliant solution - or partial solution at least - though!
I love the use of Forager to represent them, though! :smiley:

2 Likes

I wasn’t as sore from my ride the other day as I thought I would be. Until I got on the bike today. :laughing: So I did a shorter ride and then finally got on one of the weight machines at the gym that the big burly guys always spend hours at.

It was a nice change. I’ve been meaning to balance my cardio and weights workouts. Hopefully that machine will be free the next time I’m there.

3 Likes

Baller, @Row.Harper !!!

3 Likes

Haha, thanks! I’m tired now. :laughing:

3 Likes

I’m not sure how to add to the log and maintain the same format. Also I received my Justice League Run Series gear and want to post it but I don’t know how to blur it out like @SteveTrevor2.0 did? No spoilers. It’s been a while since I’ve used the various tools, tips and tricks. I need a refresher :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I just copy one of the other entries and the edit the info to be my own. :woman_shrugging:

And I think you can spoiler tag pictures. Just do this [spoiler ] [/spoiler ] without the spaces and put the picture info in between the tags.

3 Likes

Thanks I’ll try that, I need to do the tutorial again, if I can find it :sweat_smile::rofl:

3 Likes

As @Row.Harper stated, just copy / paste a prior entry to add your own at the end. But if you’re having trouble or not comfortable doing your own edit, feel free to just post your run in a new comment and I will update the log accordingly.

If you want to redo it, just message your buddy Kelex with the text @kelex start tutorial or @kelex start advanced tutorial

3 Likes