The Talon | Music Discussion | Smallville Fan Club

Welcome to The Talon!

Smallville was good at many things; love triangles polygons, product placement, wrecking cars, knocking people unconscious, and music sampling! :notes:

In this thread we will compile and discuss all the music drops over the entire series run!

• For starters, we have to talk about this epic theme song: Save Me by Remy Zero.

• What do you think about the music choices for the show and how they pair up with the scene they are used in?

• Do these choices make the show feel dated now and is that a good thing or a bad thing?
  • What do you think of the on screen performances by various artists over the show run?

• Tell us in the comments what popular songs you hear while watching the show!

• Bonus points if you can tell us the season and episode they appeared in!

Official Soundtracks:

Making its on screen debut by Pete in Season 2 Episode 16, The Talon Mix contains tracks from the first two seasons of the show while The Metropolis Mix contains tracks from seasons 4 & 5.

The Talon Mix:

1. Remy Zero - Save Me
  2. VonRay - Inside Out
  3. Weezer - Island In The Sun
  4. Five For Fighting - Superman
  5. Ryan Adams - Nuclear
  6. Phantom Planet - Lonely Day
  7. The Flaming Lips - Fight Test
  8. Sixpence None The Richer - Don’t Dream It’s Over
  9. Steadman - Wave Goodbye
  10. AM Radio - I Just Wanna Be Loved
  11. Lifehouse - Everything
  12. Eva Cassidy - Time After Time

The Metropolis Mix:

1. Breaking Benjamin - Forget It
  2. Depeche Mode - Precious
  3. Lifehouse - You And Me (Wedding Version)
  4. Stereophonics - Superman
  5. The All-American Rejects - Dirty Little Secret
  6. Josh Kelley - Almost Honest
  7. The Dandy Warhols - All The Money Or The Simple Life Honey (Remix)
  8. Brendan Benson - Cold Hands (Warm Heart)
  9. Diamond Nights - The Girls’ Attractive
  10. Flashlight Brown - I’m A Human
  11. HIM - Wicked Game
  12. KT Tunstall - Other Side Of The World
  13. Minnie Driver - Hungry Heart
  14. Rascal Flatts - Feels Like Today

Spoiler Alert

This thread will contain spoilers and discuss the series as a whole.

Looking for more Smallville content? Join the Smallville Fan Club and get notified about our club activities!
Smallville Fan Club Logo TP

11 Likes

lol

7 Likes

ok. sure. BEST THEME SONG EVER!!!

I mean…

yeah it’s ok i guess…

But for real, I love this song. I like that they have Remy Zero actually perform it on the show (I think that was in Season 1) and I love the images that flash while the theme song is rolling.

7 Likes

@Jurisdiction have you seen this one?

9 Likes

i have not

7 Likes

ok that was awesome!

7 Likes

:grin: I love all the parallel imagery they used across all the different movies etc!

7 Likes

Love that video! I just re-watched it this morning, in point of fact.

I’m diggin’ the tuneage, too (I used to have both of the Smallville soundtrack CDs). Precious in particular always stood out to me, especially as the episode(s) it was featured in aired during the build-up to Infinite Crisis, and besides being a perfect accompaniment to Smallville’s goings-on, it was also a perfect song to accompany what was going on in the comics then and how the **** kept hitting the fan as we inched ever-so-close towards Infinite Crisis.

8 Likes

@Bar-El I just listened to this for the first time in 7 years and it struck me as a song that would have fit Smallville perfectly.

As Superman said in Man of Steel, “What do you think?”

8 Likes

:flushed: I could be convinced that was used in the show! That is perfect Smallville fare!! Someone needs to use it to make a tribute video, stat!

7 Likes

When I listened to Miracle a while ago, my mind raced with scenes from when Clark had a crush on Lana, as the song would be perfect for a Lana and Clark (as well as Lois and Clark) tribute.

7 Likes

Look what I found at my local DVD resale shop! I had no idea these existed!

9 Likes

Oooooo! Out in the wild like that!! Super find @cici!

7 Likes

I really love the CD jacket’s design. I think I need to go back for it since I didn’t get it while I was there

7 Likes

What!!! lol Yes you HAVE to go back lol Check for the Talon Mix while you’re there! And if there are extra copies get one for me! :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

I remember watching the show when it first air, along with Star Trek Enterprise. :grinning: so here goes, by the way @Bar-El, great club idea and congratulation! :superman:

1. Somebody Save me! I’ve been waiting for you! Love the song, I thought it was a great opening to a show. If you watch the last episode of season 1 you see Remy Zero making a cameo appearance on the show singing it!
    Still can’t believe that Clark ran into a Tornado! :astonished::tornado::fearful:

2. Like with watching Mary Tyler Moore show or Dukes Of Hazzard, the opening song will never get old and outdated. Now I really want to listen to the song!:laughing: by the way I still have the Smallville talon mix cd.

3. I thought they were all good.I like The Calling, ‘I’ll go wherever you go.’

4. It’s not Easy (Superman) That was play when Clark say goodbye to his new friend, Ryan. That was so good, his second appearance was so sad as well! :sob:

5. I think my last answer said it all. :grinning:

8 Likes

That was the only Smallville related CD they had sadly. If you want I’d be happy to mail it to you if it’s still there!

7 Likes

Just PM’d you!

6 Likes

Droppin’ these Smallville-esque tunes:

6 Likes

Oh yeah, The Ace of Clubs is totally rocking that!

6 Likes