đź”´ âš« The Sandman: Chapter 11 | August 23rd | 6 PM PST/9 PM EST âš« đź”´

Not a dream! Not a hoax! Not an imaginary tale!

Neil Gaiman’s revolutionary Sandman series comes to stunningly beautiful live-action life on Friday, August 5th and the best way to enjoy it is with your fellow Sandmaniacs, with @CassTheStreet and I as your co-hosts.

Here are the details on how you :index_pointing_at_the_viewer: can live the watch-along dream:

What we’re watching: Season 1 of The Sandman, a Netflix exclusive series.

When we’re watching: Each watch-along begins at 6 PM Pacific/9 PM Eastern, and will occur on the dates listed below:

Friday, August 5th: Chapter 1: “Sleep of the Just” :white_check_mark:

Monday, August 8th: Chapter 2: “Imperfect Hosts” :white_check_mark:

Tuesday, August 9th: Chapter 3: “Dream a Little Dream of Me” :white_check_mark:

Thursday, August 11th: Chapter 4: “A Hope in Hell” :white_check_mark:

Friday, August 12th: Chapter 5: “24/7” :white_check_mark:

Monday, August 15th: Chapter 6: “The Sound of Her Wings” :white_check_mark:

Tuesday, August 16th: Chapter 7: “The Doll’s House” :white_check_mark:

Thursday, August 18th: Chapter 8: “Playing House” :white_check_mark:

Friday, August 19th: Chapter 9: “Collectors” :white_check_mark:

Monday, August 22nd: Chapter 10: “Lost Hearts” :white_check_mark:

Tuesday, August 23rd: Chapter 11: “Dream of a Thousand Cats; Calliope” :white_check_mark:

Wednesdays are off-days, as @CassTheStreet is hosting their Titans watch-along that night. You can join the titanic fun of that shindig right here:

Whether you’re a die-hard Sandman fanatic that knows the comics backwards and forwards, or you’re brand-new to the fun thanks to the TV series, @CassTheStreet, the @DC-TV-And-Movie-Club and I look forward to seeing you here throughout August, as we dream a dream with Neil Gaiman’s evergreen comic book epic brought to epically realized, live-action TV life…:sparkles:The Sandman :sparkles:.

ALSO: Whether you’ve followed Sandman in the comics since Day One, or are brand-new to the franchise because of the TV series, do please check out our friend @Jurisdiction’s look at the source material that inspired the show:

:sparkles: Items of Interest :sparkles:

The official trailer for The Sandman, season 1:

The complete soundtrack playlist for The Sandman, season 1:

5 Likes

Wait… Aren’t they all?

3 Likes

Maybe they are…and maybe they aren’t.

In any event, 3/4 of the Golden Girls sure are excited about this coming Friday:

4 Likes

TONIGHT. All across the world… They will begin to wake up.

3 Likes

And tomorrow night, the watch-along fun shall commence. :superman_hv_4:

3 Likes

This will start in a little over 30 minutes! Looking forward to seeing this with the community!

2 Likes

this is going to be my intro to the sandman’s universe :grin: :grin: :hourglass_flowing_sand:

3 Likes

I’m here and ready! :smiley:

2 Likes

Well, it is, as I’m sure you’ve heard, very faithful to the comic, although I would say, no spoilers, that characters on both sides of the conflict in ep 1 are more sympathetic.

4 Likes

I like the sound of that :grinning:

2 Likes

Interesting – I haven’t watched any of it yet, since I wanted to come here fresh and I have been working all day, so I’m curious to see what the differences will be.

4 Likes

In the first few minutes, I learned I’ve been mispronouncing quite a few things, so that was… In the immortal words of John Green, "… A review, don’t know if it’s positive… "

3 Likes

Well only about 3 minutes until we start to find out

3 Likes

I’m here!

4 Likes

all at the same time wee :grin: :grin: :grin:

4 Likes

Greetings, Sandmaniacs! :wave:t2:

5 Likes

It is officially 9 pm!!! Time to go!

4 Likes

Let’s go! :smiley: