The Reviews are Rolling in for Aquaman

The reviews for the Aquaman our showing up all over the Internet the average score is about a 7.5 or 78% rotten tomato Do you go see a movie based on reviews? I personally do Let any review Persuade me

3 Likes

Clarification I meant to say I don’t want that movie reviews persuade me

1 Like

I try not to let reviews influence me. If I want to see something I will. I have admittedly passed on the occassional flick that got horrid reviews but that’s a rarity.

When it comes to DC media, I’ve never let reviews influence my watching habits. I’m very glad to hear Aquaman is getting a great reception.

2 Likes

Nah, I don’t pay attention to reviews. I watch the movie first, and then I form an opinion about them.

1 Like

I don’t give a damn about reviews. I’m going to watch the movie on day one no matter what the rotten tomatoes score is just like any other film including DC films.

78% is the 2nd highest rated DCEU film anyway though and so that’s good for WB and DC

3 Likes

It was funny when people were bemoaning BvS and it’s reviews and such. I was like “Who cares? Just go see the movie and decide for yourself.”

1 Like

I don’t pay an ounce of attention to reviews these days and instead chose to watch whatever sounds good to me. I’d much rather decide for myself whether particular movie is enjoyable to me than to have some reviewer with an axe to grind dictate how I should feel about it.

2 Likes

They said the last Jedi was 93% on Rotten Tomatoes. Never believe what Rotten Tomatoes day lol.

4 Likes

I don’t trust ratings/reviews by professional critics, regardless of whether they are being positive or negative. I don’t think critics know anything. Critics are just snobs who think they’re better at watching movies than regular people, like you and me.

Reviews are all just opinions anyway and I don’t trust “professional” critics as most can be so snobby and dissect every little thing then critique any flaws with fancy big words.

I especially don’t trust non fan reviews!

4 Likes

My favorite films are usually between 75% and 25% on the tomato. 50%is usually really good. But no I don’t. If you see a tomato score over 90% that usually means long and boring. So I will probably love it

2 Likes

I find Rotten Tomatoes itself to be more rotten than fresh.

4 Likes

I don’t care about reviews, I only see a movie if a trailer looks good. Aquaman look awesome, no matter what anyone say I’m going to watch it and enjoy it. I feel like when a person review a movie, they are picking on it, by judging it without enjoying it.

2 Likes

76% at the moment, which is way above fresh

1 Like

Why does anyone give a #%$&^ about the Tomato Meter?! They vet their reviewers and there seems to be some ideological prerequisites to meet in order to be accepted as a contributing film critic.
I’ll translate that 76% score for you guys. 76 of of 100 film critics on RT would recommend Aquaman to an audience. 24 out of 100 would not. She-Ra, Nanette, Dear White People? 100 out of 100 critics on RT would recommend them to an audience. If you look at the audience reviews, the critics DO NOT represent the audience.
So yeah, stop using Rotton Tomatoes. Period. Full stop. It’s a garbage propaganda site intended to manipulate the public narrative of films. Just watch a trailer, if it looks good go to the movies, if it doesn’t then dont go. Simple
Cant wait for Aquaman, it looks epic.

3 Likes

I look them up but don’t take them seriously. Rotten tomatoes loved Sharknado but hated Boondocks Saints. I consider that one of my favorite movies ever! Lol Not a fan of the sequel though.

2 Likes

I don’t usually listen to paid critics. If I’m unsure on seeing a movie, I will ask people I know with similar tastes in movies what they thought. And then I will still make the decision on seeing it or not. The movie Venom was like that. Decided to pass on it.

1 Like

I watched Venom last night on ITunes, meh! It was just alright, previously I predicted I would have liked Venom more.
Despite some mixed reviews I am looking forward to seeing Aquaman this weekend. It’s new and different sort of like Avatar when it came out.

1 Like

I think the Tomatometer is a dangerous tool that ruins movies. People pay more attention to the meter rather than forming their own opinions. RT basically told me to stay away from Venom. Went to see Venom and had myself a good time. The critics and audience rarely agree with one another.

3 Likes

I avoid all trailers, clips & reviews “if” I know I’m going to see the movie for sure. Even if someone tells me their opinion before I see it I try to block it out & watch with a completely open mind.

3 Likes