The Raven Love Thread 🖤💜

Just Rae Rae dressed as Robin. No biggie

3 Likes

:purple_heart: this image of Rae Rae.
:00_teen_titans: :0_raven:

4 Likes

Same. :purple_heart: :pleading_face:

5 Likes

It’s so wholesome and real and something I’ve kinda experienced in a relationship before :sob:

3 Likes

I :purple_heart: this. :smiley:

5 Likes

He’s goofy, but he’s YOUR goofball

Also, gotta appreciate a frightening image

4 Likes

Season 4 of the show Teen Titans likely played a part in me becoming a Horror fan, now that I’m looking back on the show as a young adult. Raven was always a favorite of mine and any episode that focused on her was a favorite. But now…it’s time to discuss probably the best multi-episode story arc from the show…this is what I call THE TRIGON SAGA

9c33ae628e953a81d8931d76da9e42c0

It kicks off in Season 4 Episode 3 “Birthmark”. In retrospect, this should have been the season premiere but whatever. The TT responds to a call and they run into a resurrected Slade. They are surprised to see him alive, and even more shocked to find out he has fire-based powers and is seemingly stronger than he ever was. He seems to have a particular interest in Raven this time around. Scared because she knows the mark on his forehead, she freaks out during the battle and FREEZES TIME! Holy crap! But ruh-roh! Slade can still move around. His mission in this episode is to deliver a message. The prophecy has begun and she can’t stop it.

7625778180_5d15d35ed8_z

Screenshot 2024-03-31 12.56.46 PM

The arc resumes in Episode 7 “The Prophecy”. Slade is causing destruction in the city, purposefully luring the TT so they can discover an old library. But he’s luring them to what is underneath the old building. An ancient temple that makes the writing on Raven’s body act up. While the rest of the team investigates, Raven goes to Azareth to try and find a way to stop the prophecy. But her return home and her meeting with her mom turns out to be an illusion, now seeing the burned ruins of her home. She later confesses that the entity in charge of Slade is a being known as Trigon and that her destiny is to serve as a portal for him to access this dimension and conquer it. The reason why she was chosen? She’s his daughter.

And now…the three-part season finale simply called “The End”

The gem was born of evil’s fire. The gem shall be his portal. He comes to claim. He comes to sire. The end of all things mortal.

The first part starts off with Raven trying her best to just give her friends the best day ever, trying to hide that today is supposed to day their last day. But when she can’t deny it any longer, the TT show they are prepared to defend her at all costs. Slade and Trigon’s army fight the team while Trigon and Raven have a mental conversation, manipulating her into coming to him willingly, letting her think it’ll mean the lives of her friends are spared. Raven leaves the rest of the TT with a little bit of her magic to protect them when the episode ends with Raven being turned into the portal and Trigon finally arrives.

Part 2 sees the entire planet in ruin. People turned into stone. Thanks to Raven leaving the team with a little of her magic, they survived and work desperately to try and fight Trigon. Despite the fact that he has already destroyed the world and works to regain his strength to conquer the entire universe. Suddenly the team faces Slade, tossed aside by Trigon now he no longer needs him. The former villain and the TT build a temporary truce to take down Trigon. Slade and Robin travel down to Hell (not actually named that in the show but we all know that’s what it is). The rest of the team tries to distract Trigon so he doesn’t sense Robin and Slade’s plan, forced to fight evil doppelgangers of themselves. During the trip into Hell, Slade reveals he did perish back in the season 2 finale “Aftershock” when Terra fought back against him. Trigon found Slade and made him his minion in exchange for being brought back to life afterward, but Trigon never planned on fulfilling his end of the bargain. Now left as a skeleton in a suit.

Slade shows Robin where to go before splitting off to go restore his flesh. When Robin approaches a destroyed church, he finds a younger version of Raven who doesn’t recognize him.

The third and final part is here, Robin works to bring Raven back to the surface while trying to get her to remember who she is. Even as it starts to come back, Raven fears there is nothing left they can do. But Robin works to inspire hope in her. The rest of the team manages to beat their evil doppelgangers and work to fight Trigon, now with the support of Robin and the surprise return of a fully restored Slade. While they start off successful and help make Raven believe they can actually win, Trigon strikes back hard, knocking them all out. Now with Raven fully angry and determined to fight back, she regains her power and gives dear old dad a proper beatdown, fully sending him back to Hell and reversing the damage he did on Earth.

Holy crap…this was AWESOME! It’s grand and epic, but has a very intimate feel to it. It’s the darkest storyline of the entire show and in hindsight probably should have been the series finale. Raven shows off how truly powerful she is with Robin at the end highlighting what makes her truly special and a valued member of the TT, in addition to being a dear friend to all of them. Apparently, one of the alleged reasons why the show ended up being canceled was because season 5 suffered low ratings, and the belief was that this was due to season 4 being too scary. But there are a lot of conflicting reasons why the show supposedly was canceled, so who can say for sure? But hot damn, at least we got an epic conclusion to Raven’s arc in the show, even if the show went on for another season.

6 Likes

:raised_hands:t5: #LetsGooo BB lmao bout time

3 Likes

Raven easily in my top 10
She’s absoloutely ELITE & so Underrated & slept on :man_facepalming:t5:

6 Likes

Wait a minute…that’s one of my art purchases!

What I mean is that I once requested an online artist to create a Raven piece and that is the EXACT product I was given

5 Likes

Yoooo nooo way LMFAAAOOOOOO HILARIOUS bro :sob::sob::sob::sob::man_facepalming:t5:

5 Likes

Very spoopy!

Also, this is her “Hail Hydra” moment

7 Likes

That’s such a crazy coincidence omg

4 Likes

Finally got around to reading this

Another origin story for Raven is nothing new. But telling this from a young adult perspective, with a slightly more grounded tone compared to the DCU, does make it feel refreshing. This is by far the happiest and most human I’ve seen Raven in any story. Not that she doesn’t have those traits in the main DCU, but they are more on display here, which helps you connect with her more. I also like the New Orleans setting and having magic native to that area come into play.

The art is simple yet very pretty. It has this minimalist approach where it leans more black and white, with the exceptions of certain characters as well as moments that are important to the story. It keeps you engaged visually.

Simply put, I really dug this :purple_heart:

4 Likes

I don’t think I ever commented on Raven’s outfit she wore during the Rebirth Titans run. Simply put, I like it

4 Likes

It’s a solid mix of her Wolfman/Perez origin and TV looks. :+1:
:00_teen_titans: :0_raven:

5 Likes

That’s right Rae Rae, you go save your goofy man!

Excellent! Now all we have to do is wait for Death Metal to bring back all old continuity so you two can be a couple again

4 Likes

Finally got around to this

The art style takes more after what was in BB’s book, which makes sense. Its still pretty art work, no complaints here

I love how these two bond. They are very cute together and I want to read more!

5 Likes

5 Likes

5 Likes