THE QUESTION: THE DEATHS OF VIC SAGE

THIS IS NOT A DRILL, PEOPLE

THE QUESTION IN HIS OWN BLACK LABEL SERIES

JEFF LEMIRE, DENYS COWAN

I AM FREAKING ALL THE WAY OUT RIGHT NOW

https://io9.gizmodo.com/exclusive-dcs-black-label-will-explore-the-joker-and-t-1836255597

9 Likes

Wow! Both series sound interesting. My wallet is glaring at me angrily now…

2 Likes

I… want to be excited.

OK, first the Joker one: Nobody needs another deep, gritty character study of the Joker. I agree with some of the points Lemire makes in the article, but ugh. The Joker is interesting when he’s entertaining, not when he’s serious and down-to-earth. Not interested.

As for the Question, I suppose that could be interesting, but for the character who actually works when he’s gritty and down-to-Earth, they’re going off into some weird fantasy time loop stuff. I’ll reserve judgment until I know more about it, and I’m glad there’s a series at all, but I’m skeptical.

Maybe it’s just these Black Label series generally that don’t appeal to me. They all just give off this aura of tryhardiness.

I’m sorry but it’s physically impossible for me to not be excited about this.

4 Likes

It’s awesome when your favorite character gets a news series! Congrats, HCQ!

2 Likes

Excited for this one! Any Lemire is good Lemire and knew @HubCity would be stoked!

2 Likes

The Question and Denys Cowan reunited? That’s AWESOME!!!

1 Like

I’m happy for ya, Q. Hope the book lives up to your expectations.

2 Likes

When I read the announcement the first thig I thought was HubCity must be bouncing of the walls with joy.

3 Likes

Now I feel like a jerk for being the downer here. I do hope it turns out well.

1 Like

Lemire… 'nuff said.

Definitely excited for The Question series.

The Joker one…I mean, I’m sure it’ll be good, and on a marketing basis it makes sense to have a bunch of Joker related stuff out there because there’s going to be a movie coming out in October, one that might get people interested in trying out comics, but I’m nowhere near as excited for that.

Lemire has always been solid. Cowan is a tried and true master of the Question. I don’t see what could go wrong. I’m pretty confident this’ll be great. Excited right along with you, @HubCityQuestion!

As for Lemire’s Joker, though, much like Harleen, I love the creative team but the story is what makes me nervous about whether or not they’ll be any good.

I have been begging of DC for a non Batman Black Label book and boy did they respond with the book I didn’t know I wanted! The Question w/Lemire on board? HOLY SHIT!

2 Likes

I mean, now that Black Label is more of a label, there’s a lot of non-Batman Black Label books now and coming soon. You have Superman: Year One, all the Sandman Universe titles, all the Hill House Comics, the recently announced The Last God, The Wild Storm and the upcoming WildCATS, and the rumored Wonder Woman titles from Greg Rucka and Kelly Sue Deconnick/Phil Jimenez.

If anything, by next year, the Batman comics in the label is probably going to be a slim minority!

• age rating, I meant, not “label.” WHERE’S MY EDIT BUTTON, DC UNIVERSE?
1 Like