The "Putting People In Their Place" Thread

A thread dedicated to the most satisfying moments in which a jerk was put in their place in a comic.

9 Likes

Black Lightning: Cold Dead Hands - Issue 1

7 Likes

You’ve been watching Batman Forever haven’t you? Such a great quote by Eddie! :laughing:
“Question Mister Wayne, Question…if this world raises too many questions, then why hasn’t anybody put you in your place?”

:riddlerhqtas:

6 Likes

John Stewart calling out Batman in Green Lantern: Rebirth has gotta be up there. This was an era where Batman was kind of insufferable when it came to other heroes. He was paranoid, he was abrasive and he ALWAYS had to be right.

To be fair Batman’s views on what Hal Jordan did to the Lanterns and the events of Zero Hour were somewhat justified, but his smug dismissal of Jordan’s sacrifice during Final Night might’ve been a bridge too far for John Stewart and many readers who were sick of this iteration of Batman. It’s why when he tells Bruce off, it’s so satisfying because it needed to be said.

9 Likes

What…no mention of when Batman punched Guy’s lights out in Justice League?

“One punch!” :smile:

Agreed.

I haven’t read GLR in years and years, but Batman getting called out is every bit as fresh of a moment now as it was when I first read the mag in 2005.

Speaking of noteworthy DC stuff/moments/what have you from 2005…would Wonder Woman’s “neck adjustment” to Maxwell Lord count as him being put in his place?

If so, that gets my vote over Batman being called out.

9 Likes

i was waiting for this one lol

7 Likes

Happy to deliver!

Holds out hand for a tip.

7 Likes

Oh man I know there’s tons of great ones but it’s hard to come up with them off the top of my head.

Batman gets a pretty good dressing down in Tower of Babel by the League.

Love this one from Stitch

“Dick”… When I read that made that “ooOohhh” sound when someone gets called to the principal’s office.

7 Likes

How about Jayna and the Justice League?

8 Likes

I understand why batman does not kill joker but man this is a good speech my favorite line is if he had taken you from me I would have hunted him to the ends of the earth.

6 Likes

hmm

6 Likes

If people only knew how annoying Mirage really was. :triumph:

Screenshot_20240405_193238_Infinite

6 Likes

You cheese head! :rofl: *I will have to remember that one.

5 Likes

Injustice Year 4 Annual

Plas giving it to Supes!

5 Likes

Which reminds me of Flash owning Supes in the same series:

4 Likes

It’s hard to get past the “there’s no way Superman would ever act like this” mindset for the Injustice series–but once you do it’s so worth it for scenes like this.

3 Likes

You know Midnighter wants to throw hands, but knows he can’t. Batman thinks he wants to throw hands, fortunately for him he can’t either.

4 Likes

Vigilante: Southland

2 Likes

Oh wonderful, I could finally use this!

I Am Batman #17

There was one involving Luke but I like what Tanya says to Mr. Judgy over here a lot.

2 Likes

Dayummmm!!!

2 Likes