Metallica
Nine Inch Nails
Ozzy Osborne
Pantera

for next week?

I actually have none of those.

And not sure what sort of theme i will be doing next week

1 Like

For the record the two weeks prior were similar, just not a full week in a non-decreasing consecutive order. But now i am thinking of what I do have that just might make that work. <pensiveMoodMusic.wav>

For those of you interested, @MissInkBlot #mixtape-monday is doing The Riddler this week.

🎶 Mixtape Monday - Batman: Universe (The Riddler) 🎶

Feel free to check it out, if you like.

2 Likes

OK, so I know it’s not May, but… I like stories that portray the Riddler as very intelligent, but with a need for validation/confirmation. He can’t just know he’s smarter than everyone; they have to know it too. He needs the acknowledgement, and the clues play into that both as a taunt and as a challenge. I think that’s interesting because he’s a villain who’s not plotting world domination or chaos or ‘justified’ by some righteous pursuit like a lot of villains. He’s exemplifies (to the extreme) the danger in letting external validation determine his self-worth, and that compulsion could be something a lot of readers relate to, especially in this age of internet likes/dislikes.

I think revenge, enjoying heists, or other motivations can all play a role in Riddler’s schemes, but the above is how I see him. Also, I’d like to give a shout out to Psych’s Mr. Yang, who also left clues/riddles for Shawn to solve (came back for a ‘worthy adversary’). The challenge aspect to confirm who’s the smartest is there, although this character is more murder focused than a lot of Riddler renditions and also is more discrete (no question marked henchmen!). As some other mentioned, the modern Riddler is a bit more physically violent than I prefer, although I like that he’s portrayed as a legitimate threat instead of a gimmick or ‘C-lister.’

2 Likes

The new Batman movie has the most complete real-to-life Riddler I have ever seen. It was awesome and very close to reality of how someone with that diagnosis really is. I can’t say exactly what. I feel like yes I should really know and I just don’t want to say DID. Because there are only two voices. So I want to say more a type of schizophrenia combined with CPTSD and a plethora of subtypes of OCD including numbers, order, rumination, and god knows what else. I mean I can’t tell at the end of the movie wether he is talking to another prisoner or another part of self. But the OCD would be the principal diagnosis, IMO. But hey if you don’t think so and give me some rationale. I’m ok with that. I’m not sure.

1 Like