The Psychology Of Supervillains Club - Grab Bag for Meta Madhouse: Throwdown on Themyscira - March 2021

Welcome to The Psychology Of Supervillians Club. This month is the grab bag for Meta Madhouse: Throwdown on Themyscira

WARNING :
This club will be discussing darker aspects and elements within the DC Universe. These aspects and elements could be viewed as overtly violent, malevolent and possibly offensive to some.

• We acknowledge that we are not mental health professionals, and are not able to provide any diagnosis or guidance in this regard.
  • This thread does not suggest or support any mental health diagnosis or any guidance of or for people in the real world. We are dealing with purely fictional characters within fictional worlds.
  • Supervillains are potentially driven by deep seated and often dark or disturbing concepts of what they feel is the right thing to do and why the villain is the hero of their own story.
  • We will explore if the supervillain is actually correct in their views and actions, are they justified in what they do and potentially would their fictional worlds be better off if they actually did win and defeat the hero.

The club gives this warning because some may find such discussions disturbing, distasteful, and/or possibly immoral and we want the community to be well aware of what the contents of these discussions can involve.

The Ground Rules: ( Yes…even villainy has to follow a few rules . Don’t take my word for it…Go ask The Legion Of Doom or The Crime Syndicate, they have rules too.)

• Posts must follow DC Universe Community Guidelines
  • This is a “ safe space ” to explore a sometimes taboo topic…villainy. Why it’s necessary and possibly why villains are often more interesting than the heroes that oppose them.
  • Be respectful of the opinions of others. Did I mention that … Posts must follow DC Universe Community Guidelines
  • There is no such thing as a “right” or “wrong” opinion here.
  • The views expressed are the opinions of the poster and deserve to be acknowledged as a valid opinion, even if you might disagree and debate items. What does that mean? Posts must follow DC Universe Community Guidelines
  • We are dealing with the intricacies of the mind. The one thing we do know is that we can never be ultimately sure what is actually going on in the mind of a supervillian.
  • However, we can conjecture based on what we do know about them and form our own points of view on what makes them tick and have blast while doing it.
  • In case you missed it the 3 times earlier…Posts must follow DC Universe Community Guidelines

Don’t be afraid to be bold, to challenge the status quo, to think in unique ways and be outspoken. Their is no “right” or “wrong” point of view here. There is what we each find in delving beneath the surface and into the mind of our Supervillian Of The Month.

Most importantly, have fun. Enjoy your process. Revel in it. Don’t be afraid to let some of your “evil” out. We’ve all got a bit of it in us somewhere. If we didn’t, we wouldn’t find villains interesting, now would we. :smiling_imp:

Reminder: Posts must follow DC Universe Community Guidelines

Our March 2021 Supervillian of the month - The Meta Madhouse Grab Bag

—————
It’s that time of year…Meta Madhouse

Below you will find a grab bag for many of the villainess of this this years Meta Madhouse: Throwdown on Themyscira

PLEASE feel free to add to it. Reading the entirety of the resources below is not expected

Comic Resources: The Meta Madhouse Grab Bag
*Note; PLEASE feel free to add to it. Reading the entirety of the resources below is not expected.

Faora

Blackfire

Enchantress

Amanda Waller

Emerald Empress

Circe

Lashina

Maxima

Ursa

Cyclone

Superwoman

Terra

Rose Wilson

Star Sapphire

Jinx

Magpie

Alice

Silver Banshee

Giganta

Huntress

Talia al Ghul

Lady Shiva

Plastique & Killer Frost

Livewire

Cheshire

———————————

Grab a few characters and answer the question…what can you infer using just the single appearance?

———————————
Reach into the grab bag, have fun and explore.

If you are interested in participating, click here Meta Madhouse: Throwdown on Themyscira

Reminder: Posts must follow DC Universe Community Guidelines

Our March 2021 Supervillian of the month - The Meta Madhouse Grab Bag

—————
It’s that time of year…Meta Madhouse

Below you will find a grab bag for many of the villainess of this this years Meta Madhouse: Throwdown on Themyscira

Reading the entirety of the resources below is not expected
———————————

Comic Resources: The Meta Madhouse Grab Bag

Faora

Blackfire

Enchantress

Amanda Waller

Emerald Empress

Circe

Lashina

Maxima

Ursa

Cyclone

Superwoman

Terra

Rose Wilson

Star Sapphire

Jinx

Magpie

Alice

Silver Banshee

Giganta

Huntress

Talia al Ghul

Lady Shiva

Plastique & Killer Frost

Livewire

Cheshire

———————————

Grab a few characters and answer the question…what can you infer using just the single appearance?

———————————
Reach into the grab bag, have fun and explore.

If you are interested in participating, click here Meta Madhouse: Throwdown on Themyscira

First time posting so hopefully I’m understanding all this right!

I am both curious and equally tired of characters like Amanda Waller. Her character seems to follow the belief that ordinary humans can through any (though usually nefarious) means control metahumans for their own machinations. Waller boasts that she is just so tough and has thinks ahead of the curve that there is nothing these superpowered characters can do against her. In the JL cartoon it at least made sense Waller and Cadmus were working with a wide range of individuals to undermine superheroes but in the end she still needed those heroes to save the world before her well laid plans led to Brainiac-Luthor destroying the planet. I don’t find Waller’s stances any more credible than dialogue implying the JL would be forced to retire if the people decided against their activity. No ordinary person is going to stand up to Giganta, Circe, any of the Furies, ect.

Long winded rant to say…I think the character of Amanda Waller could use further development past the generic “I don’t trust superheroes so I will somehow develop ways to take them out” It’s getting old for Batman, it doesn’t need to be the Comic book government first inclination.

1 Like

my only contribution this month was setting up watchalongs.

yes, @BatmanB3yondJP you are understanding this right (sorry for the mega delay).

1 Like