The Penguin Spinoff on HBO Max

13 Likes

Saw this very interesting. Wonder what they will do. Just gets me more exited and curious about this Batman movie.

5 Likes

HBO max is really just throwing around these spinoffs, not complaining just interesting

4 Likes

They are really banking on The Batman being a hit arenā€™t they?

We are going to get a lot of spin-off with it if it is.

4 Likes

No kidding! Iā€™ve lost track of just how many spin-offs have been announced/rumored. Red Hood, Peacemaker, Black Canary, this, and Iā€™m sure there are more (anyone remember the Hawk and Dove rumored one back when Titans was first announced? 'Cause I sure do!)

At this point Iā€™m just taking things with a grain of saltā€¦ I donā€™t want my emotions to get played with :pleading_face:

2 Likes

So thatā€™ll be the 2nd The Batman spin-off on HBO Max. The other one being Gotham PD. I wonder how hard theyā€™re going to be leaning into each universe (DCEU vs. The Batman vs. Titans vs. Arrowverse, etc.)

Why? Just why? Bring back Swamp Thing, thatā€™s the show that should be there!

3 Likes

I wouldā€™ve been down for a Catwoman spin off more tbh.

1 Like

Some people want this show. Colin Ferrel is a phenomenal actor and the Penguin is an interesting character. Is he the ONLY interesting character? No, but he is ONE. Itā€™s okay if youā€™d rather have a different show be made, but I think itā€™s a little weird to bring up show that has nothing to do with this thread because youā€™re not getting what you want.

1 Like

3 Likes

:smiley:Iā€™m interested, if itā€™s was done.

1 Like

Eh.

If it happens, Iā€™ll give the show a chance.

For me, a more interesting villain-starring series would be Clayface.

Heā€™s framed, escapes from Arkham to find who framed him and why, and is always under a new identity each week to avoid Batman, the DMA, A.R.G.U.S, Checkmate, the D.E.O. and the rest while seeking to clear his name in the process.

Itā€™s essentially The Fugitive, but with a Batman villain as the lead.

A Batman villain whoā€™s much more deserving of a new live-action gig than one whose already had his share of them (The Penguin), Iā€™d like to add.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll give it a try especially if ā€˜The Batmanā€™ is really good kinda like how once seeing The Suicide Squad and Peacemaker in that made me more interested in the spin-off.

Penguinā€™s always been a great character in live action between Danny DeVito and Robin Lord Taylor from what Iā€™ve seen so hopefully Colin Farrellā€™s is just as intriguing.

Side-note: As others mentioned this show existing has no correlation to other shows not existing or continuing. And who knowsā€¦ this show could surprise usā€¦ wouldnā€™t be the first time a DC (or Marvel) project did that for me when I asked ā€œbut why this?ā€

1 Like

Just wait until HBO comes out with a series titledā€¦ā€˜The Spin-off from the Spin-offā€™

1 Like

How do we know that they arenā€™t developing one? We already know of two and Catwoman would be logical.

1 Like

I mean nothing has been confirmed besides except for Gotham PD and Penguin so at least to the public, we donā€™t know.

1 Like

Canā€™t wait for more expansions of this universe, so unbelievably hyped for the Batman! Will never forget being at the first DC FanDome, freaking out over seeing our first trailer.

1 Like

As of this moment, donā€™t care. Villain centric stories donā€™t intrigue me. The Penguin by himself doesnā€™t intrigue me. That can change after watching The Batman, but at this time, my reaction is ā€œok dokeyā€.

1 Like

Iā€™m very intrigued to see where they go with this Story. Especially if they continue to use Farrell for the role.

1 Like
4 Likes