The Penguin’s Umbrellas

They are so nice. $21-$25 brand new in the box. Real rubber tires, die-cast body, come with a figure & u can slide it out & keep it displayed with background. Then just put the top cover back over & it’s exactly the way it looks unopened.

Might need to zoom a bit but that’s how it arrives & the shelved pic is how I display it by just sliding it all out as one piece.

2 Likes

Batman #190 is a fun jaunt with Penguin inventively utilizing his umbrellas to foil Batman and Robin in 1960s Gotham. After seeing this vintage cover, I had to check it out. Here are a few of examples of the umbrellas’ uses.

2 Likes

I like the one in the Batman where it has multiple uses. Like a chain and a machine gun.

3 Likes

My favorite? Easy.

“Urgh! I picked a cute one!” - Penguin

3 Likes

Me too, @Behemoth.Ravenlord. They really have a great imagination when it comes to Oswald’s gadgetry!

3 Likes

:joy: Excellent choice, @TheBatgirlofNML!

3 Likes

Colin Farrell has been confirmed to be playing The Penguin in The Batman (2021). I’m curious to see what his take will be on the character and how the umbrella comes into play there. Will it be as prevalent as earlier iterations? Gotham seemed to use it more as a prop than a weapon. I appreciated that Danny DeVito embedded it into his persona and provided lots of variation to his arsenal. The suspicions are that this film might follow The Long Halloween, which would be an excellent storyline for adaptation (although I’ve always pictured it in animation).

3 Likes

Playing as Penguin in Lego Batman is fun. You can use his umbrella to glide and shoot bullets. And whack people, of course.

3 Likes

That sounds fun @Aylex!

2 Likes