The other comic book company

Marvel Unlimited is great but unfortunately time is not unlimited and it will take a long time to get caught up on all that lore. The biggest difference between Marvel and DC for me is that I feel that to get the full impact of Marvel storytelling you need to read almost everything (or to at least be very widely read across the entire line). With DC you will drive yourself nuts trying to fit what’s happening in every book into a single unified continuity. Just look at the two Superman books Bendis is writing right now; he can’t even keep his own work coherent across the different titles!

2 Likes

I’m not sure how much Marvel you read but it is not a requirement to have read decades plus of comics in order to understand what is going on. It’s not like there are constant references to some obscure characters or incidents from the 60s in every issue (and if there is a reference you usually get an explanation) I think you’re letting the enormity scare you off.

2 Likes

Agree 100% with Etrigan…love the characters of Xmen but it’s a mess. Conan 1st issue was good and from Image I really like new comic DIE , great story and characters. Also read star wars and anything Dragon Age that comes in. My pull list is mostly DC because they Gods among insects in the comic world :wink:

1 Like

Die is so good!

Current reading Punisher, Deadpool, and Captain America.

Current marvel pulls…Amazing Spider-Man. Venom. Thor. Daredevil. Doctor Strange. Guardians Of The Galaxy.

I read a handful of Marvel comics Avengers, Guardian of the Galaxy, Conan , Immortal Hulk, and X men titles

Read anything Daredevil, they haven’t screwed him up–yet.

I was a Marvel reader during the 80’s…reading mainly Spider-Man, Daredevil, X-Men…while still mainly a DC guy. Took a break from comics altogether during the 90’s until I discovered CrossGen (Who remembers them?!) I got back into reading DC again then too. In the past ten or so years, I’ve tried to jump into something at Marvel, but it seems every 3 or 4 years, they do some line-wide Event that references events and legacies I haven’t read. At least with DC’s N52 and Rebirth, they’ve been reboots, soft or hard, making it easier to dive in. All I ever read from Marvel now are Star Wars titles. Loved the first Darth Vader series; they introduced Doctor Aphra in it and she’s a fun new character!

I just stared reading the Star wars series myself. The writing is Soo good, you can tell the writer is a star wars fan. The Vader series is great too! Doctor Aphra is unique original character

1 Like

I recently picked up what if: Peter Parker became the punisher

Marvel books never keep my attention. I tend to use comiXologyU to sample stuff, since after an arc or two I completely lose interest.

I really love Jessica Jones. Haven’t kept up since Bendis left. I want to catch up at some point.

I try getting into some of the Star Wars stuff, but really only Doctor Aphra sparked my interest.