Community Office Hours--Ask Jitsu Your Questions Every Tuesday Night!

I did! It was a good length–I usually grow it out in the fall, then cut it around the start of the new year. Huzzah, traditions!

I miiiiiiight, actually! I’ll do a big toys/figures post once I’m set up in my new apartment next year, to showcase my faves!

I wasn’t actually planning on buying a new TV, but my buddy sold it to me for cheap, so hooray for surprise TVs!

Heck yeah, more for books for me to feast on!

Love those classics, for sure! I played cello for many years, so Yo-Yo Ma and Pablo Casals will always be my first classical loves.

Definitely love these too, particularly The Stones.

Ohhhhh man, so much to choose from! I grew up listening to Salsa legends like Ruben Blades (who is actually Panamanian, but was kinda adopted by Puerto Rico), Cheo Feliciano, Gilberto Santa Rosa, and many many more. But as far as modern music from PR goes, Bad Bunny (Latin rapper) has really changed the landscape of pop/urban/rap in some awesome ways. His music touches on gender roles, political observations, and so much more–pretty unheard of as far as “traditional” rap from Puerto Rico.

One of my absolute favorites is a rapper named Residente. He got his start in a rap group called Calle 13, but has since gone off and built an amazing solo career. His song René is really beautiful–highly recommend watching the music video, and maybe checking out the translation of the lyrics…it’s more storytelling/poetry than rap. I know rap isn’t really your thing, so take it or leave it! Just a big fave of mine :sweat_smile:

Anytime! And by anytime, I mean every Tuesday :wink:

I haven’t actually–I’ll check them out!

Loooove the BTTF movies. I try to watch them at least once a year, big fan.

Haha I’m totally ok with that!

You too! Thanks for bein’ here!

11 Likes

This is a good idea!

I think this is a really good idea of steps that can be taken to improve the reader experience. As we go into the new year, smoothing out that experience is something that we’re going to keep working on, so hopefully we can alleviate some of those pain points for ya.

11 Likes

Sounds good. :+1:

8 Likes

No, in Batman & Robin (sorry for the confusion)

8 Likes

rubs hands together in excitement

Kenner is the greatest toy company of all time, so if you do have Kenner goodies (especially DC-based Kenner goodies), I will buy you lunch at a future Fan Event. :nerd_face:

Schway! I’ve never played an instrument with the intent of continually playing it (I can strum a guitar mighty fine though, lemme tell you), but to master the cello…that’s an accomplishment, good sir. :+1:t2:

I will definitely look into that, as well as your other recommendations.

Tuesday is my day for new to retail comics, toy hunting and more, but I will always pop by OH (likely after the party is over, due to my schedule) to see what was cookin’.

Check out Fathom and Soulfire. They’re both quite staggering in their beauty.

“The Jits” it is! :grin:

You’re welcome, and thank you for coming to DCUI! :superman_hv_4:

SN: What are your thoughts on the following, both of which pertain to one Vanilla Ice:

• The movie Cool as Ice.
  • The song “Ninja Rap”.
8 Likes

@Jitsu As this is your first Christmas (of hopefully many) with us, I’d like to extend an invite to you to this holiday soiree I’ll be hosting.

Cocoa will be served, as will Christmas cookies (including nummy butter cookies :drooling_face:), with all manner of on-screen delights serving as the entertainment.

Wear your ugliest Christmas sweater (or a nice one, even), dress like Santa, whatever fills your stocking. :slight_smile:

To everyone else, I’ll quote Lando Calrissian, “Everyone’s invited, of course.” :santa:

10 Likes

I’m curious about the wording on the DC Book Club thread that Batman: Noel will be “free to read as a registered member all month.” So to make sure, will that mean that Noel will only be on here for the month of December? Will there be other stories that will come on here for a limited time?

8 Likes

Hello @Jitsu,
Do you know when DC Comics will be releasing Stargirl #1? Thankyou.:slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Hey, @Jitsu I thought I’d give you a song from way back in 1961 that proved not everyone needed fancy doo-dads to make a great song. I give you…Mister Excitement, Jackie Wilson!

8 Likes

@Jitsu S’up wuzzup, Jits?

Q: Has there been any talk about reintegrating Community access into the DCUI app?

It was part of the DC Universe app, but when the changeover to DCUI occurred, the Community access point was frustratingly (and needlessly, in many eyes) removed from the app.

It’d be great to access the joint from the app once more, P/TY. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Hello @Jitsu, here’s a link to couple of story I made last year for Applejack Office Hours, if it was changed to your Office Hours, I think it would still work perfectly. Hope you like them! :smiley:
The First is 1966 Batman trying to get to the Office hours.

This next one is a Christmas theme I’ve made. It’s one of my favorite. :grinning::christmas_tree:

:batman:

6 Likes

Hey J,

I’m still hoping for some sort of official update on these two problems. Are we getting any closer to either of them getting fixed?

I gotta be honest, though, at this point I’m far more interested in knowing what, exactly, the problem is and why in the holy heck it’s taking so long to fix than I am in actually seeing the issues put up/fixed on Android. Somehow, I feel like the issues simply starting to work or just turning up one day without comment would be a vaguely unsatisfying resolution to the whole thing. This situation is just so dang inexplicable and mysterious. The curiosity is killing me. :male_detective:t2:

6 Likes

Hello,

Just wondering if there was any progress to getting a “read” function on comics we have read. I know the blue line appears, but it is not very accurate.

9 Likes

Good question! I think that would be a welcome addition to the user experience for sure. Let me do some digging into what features/fixes are in the roadmap for early next year!

8 Likes

Is there a particular storyline in DC Comics that would make a great animated mini-series as opposed to an animated feature? I don’t know about you, but I think there are just some stories that cannot be done justice being adapted into a single feature.

7 Likes

Hey hey!

The TLDR is that there was a technical issue with the upload of the Suicide Squad books. But the internal team is currently looking into the missing Suicide Squad book, and the others that you mentioned! Stay tuned.

9 Likes

Loved these stories! You’re quite the writer :memo: :sunglasses:

7 Likes

Diggin’ this grooooooove for my office hours! Thanks for the tune!

8 Likes

My pleasure!

7 Likes

Who’s your favorite DC writer?

Who’s your favorite DC artist?

6 Likes