The Obscurity of DC Club Presents: Obscure Book Club, Week 14 (Sunday, May 8 - Saturday, May 14) -- PLUNGE!

Hi @ObscurityofDCClub and other members of the DC Community! Welcome to Week 14 of Obscurity of DC’s Obscure Book Club! This week, we’ll be focusing on…

PLUNGE!
AGE SUGGESTION: 17+

Number of Issues: 6

Description from dccomics.com: "In the aftermath of a devastating tsunami, an exploration vessel known as the Derleth begins sending an automated distress signal from a remote atoll in the Bering Strait. The only problem is that the Derleth has been missing for 40 years. Marine biologist Moriah Lamb joins the Carpenter Wreck Removal team to recover the Derleth’s dead…only to find that in this remote part of the Arctic Circle, the dead have plenty to say to the living…

There’s something down in the icy darkness of the Arctic sea…something that doesn’t want to be found. Unlike on land, where terror shows itself as the long-lost crew of the Derleth emerges from caves. They seem as though they haven’t aged a day—it’s as if they’re exactly the same as the day they disappeared…except they’re all missing their eyes. Will the salvage crew survive to bring their findings to shore? What danger waits for them if they fail? What dangers await us all should they succeed?"

With that over with, here are the discussion questions:

1. What did you think of the twist about aliens at the end?
  2. Did you enjoy this story? Why or why not?
  3. Who was your favorite member of the group? Why?

Do you have an interest in exploring the unknown? Do you like discussing comics? Do you like pineapple on pizza? If so, The Obscurity of DC Club is the club for you! Join HERE if you’re interested!

4 Likes

Read this a while back for the House of Horror club and I do remember liking it. Might give it a reread and share some deeper thoughts then. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sounds good! I hope you enjoy the reread!

1 Like
  1. The first time I read this, I wasn’t a fan of the alien twist, but now that ive reread it, I really enjoyed the twist.
  2. I loved this story. It wasn’t your typical DC comic with a superhero and stuff. It just felt fun and adventurous, which I really liked.
  3. My favorite member of the group was Clark. His sense of humor was pretty similar to mine.
1 Like
  1. What did you think of the twist about aliens at the end?
    A cop out, I was hoping for something more interesting.
  2. Did you enjoy this story? Why or why not?
    It was sort of meh, for me, it was a horror tale, which I never really bought into.
  3. Who was your favorite member of the group? Why?
    Really didn’t have one, nor got invested in it.
1 Like