The Obscurity of DC Club Presents: JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA WATCH-A-LONG (Sunday, April 10)

Hello @ObscurityofDCClub and the rest of the DC Community! Welcome to yet another of Obscurity of DC’s watch-a-longs! Scroll down for more info!

What we are watching: Justice League of America

Age Suggestion: 12+

Synopsis: The evil Weather Man is intent on destroying New Metro City with a series of malevolent meteorological mishaps. Can the super-powered (and semi-employed) Justice League of America save the day? Or will New Metro be drowned in a humongous tidal wave?

Cast:
Matthew Settle - Green Lantern (Guy Gardner)
Kimberly Oja - Ice
John Kassir - The Atom (Ray Palmer)
Michelle Hurd - Fire
Kenny Johnston - Flash (Barry Allen)
David Ogden Stiers - Martian Manhunter
Miguel Ferrer - The Weather Man
David Krumholtz - Martin
Elisa Donovan - Cheryl
Ron Pearson - Dr. Arliss Hopke
Robert Gallo - Landlord
Nick DeMauro - TV Repairman
Jason Weissbrod - Drazen

When: Sunday, April 10 — 8:00 PM EST (5:00 PM PST)

Where: Right here, on this very thread!

Length of movie: 82 minutes (1 hour 22 minutes)

Genres: Action, Adventure, Fantasy

Link: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2x3f1s

There are no discussion questions, but I hope we’ll all be talking about it while it’s going on, so it may be easier to use 2 devices.

Do you have an interest in exploring the unknown? Do you like discussing comics? Do you like pineapple on pizza? If so, The Obscurity of DC Club is the club for you! Join HERE if you’re interested!

5 Likes

Ah, I remember the last time we did a watch-along of this pilot…

5 Likes

I was waiting for someone to mention how bad the ratings are for it. I personally enjoyed it, but to each his own, I guess

4 Likes

Wait someone already did this watch-a-long?

3 Likes

Yes, but it was done off-the-books, so to speak. This one will be the first public version of the endurance test.

4 Likes

Yes it was a secret watch along back in the days of Applejack rule

7 Likes

My review from the first time:

But the rest of the watch-along crew seemed to have more fun with it than I did. :wink:

3 Likes

Well maybe the tides have changed?

Get it? Because he’s trying to make a tidal wave? No? Ok…

5 Likes

@biff_pow, what do you say? Round 2?

4 Likes

@Jurisdiction so FYI we also did the Fantastic four movie from the 90s as well as some bizarre Swamp Thing?

6 Likes

Oh alright! Thanks for letting me know

4 Likes

You mean Jim Wynorski’s The Return of Swamp Thing, a.k.a. the best Swamp Thing adaptation of all time. :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

@Alec.Holland what do you think lol? You’re the Swamp KING!!

Get it?

Tough crowd…

5 Likes

Do you know if Daily Motion has an app on Roku or Firestick? I hope to be able to join you for this.

3 Likes

I believe it’s on Roku, but I could be wrong. Let me check.

3 Likes

@MovieAddict it’s not on Roku anymore, but it is on the Firestick now, so if you have that, you should be able to get Dailymotion

3 Likes

Awesome, thanks!!! I hope I remember to watch this Sunday with you all!!!

3 Likes

I hope so too!

3 Likes

SN: Check the batteries on your William Conrad Fridge Alert.

As Wayne Campbell once said, “Shhhhyeah, right!”

The best Swamp Thing adaptation is clearly, and without equal, the Swamp Thing cartoon.

It was so “good” that if more than 6 episodes were produced, everyone’s 4x3 TVs would’ve split in half from the show’s righteous gnarlyness (and deliciously cheesy theme song), so DIC did the world a favor by cancelling it as early as they did (thus making it the shortest-lived Swamp Thing TV series), so as to save the world’s TVs.

“You just like it because the toys were by Kenner.”

Screw that noise, as I’m quite a Heather Locklear fan.

…but yeah, Kenner product does have a sway on moi. :nerd_face:

As did Ms. Locklear. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

As for the WAL, I’m unclear on what “dailymotion” is.

Fill me in, @Jurisdiction?

5 Likes

It’s like YouTube

4 Likes