The Obscurity of DC Club Presents: HOLY MUSICAL B@MAN WATCH-A-LONG (Sunday, March 27)

Hello @ObscurityofDCClub and the rest of the DC Community! Welcome to the first-ever Obscurity of DC watch-a-long! Scroll down for more info!

What are we watching: Holy Musical B@man

Age Suggestion: 15+

Synopsis (Taken directly from the makers’ - Team Starkid’s - website: Holy musical, Batman! It’s time for crime-fighting shenanigans with everyone’s second favorite superhero (right after Spider-Man). After witnessing the murder of his parents, a young billionaire makes a solemn vow to dress up like a bat and wage a one-man war on the rouges of Gotham. So get ready to see the Dark Knight the way you always dreamed of… singing and dancing!

Cast:
Joseph Walker - Batman
Nick Lang - Robin
Brian Holden - Superman
Jeff Blim - Sweet Tooth
Chris Allen - Alfred Pennyworth/Lucius Fox/O’Malley/Qwang Li/Spider-Man, Two-Face
Dylan Saunders - Scarecrow, Green Lantern, Narrator, Egghead
Lauren Lopez - Commissioner Gordon, Calendar Man, Evil King Arthur, Green Arrow
Nico Ager - Sluggers, Sherlock Holmes
Julia Albain - Vicki Vale, Evil Mother Goose
Jaime Lyn Beatty - Candy, Poison Ivy
Denise Donovan - Catwoman
Jim Povolo - Matches Malone, Mr. Freeze
Meredith Stepien - Riddler, Chase Meridian
Nicholas Strauss - Penguin, Police Chief O’Hara, Mr. Mxyzptlk

When: Sunday, March 27 - 8:00 pm EST (5:00 pm PST)

Where: Right here, on this very thread!

Length of movie: 2 hours 7 minutes

Genres: Action, Comedy

Link: https://youtu.be/2XjSh3Say18

There are no discussion questions, but I hope we’ll all be talking about it while it’s going on, so it may be easier to use 2 devices.

Also, just a tiny warning, this will not even be remotely comic-accurate, so if you don’t like that, you probably won’t like Holy Musical B@man.

Do you have an interest in exploring the unknown? Do you like discussing comics? Do you like pineapple on pizza? If so, The Obscurity of DC Club is the club for you! Join HERE if you’re interested!

5 Likes

I have a watch along at the same time as you, oh well. Hope you get a good turnout. I’ve never seen the musical.:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Well you’re welcome to join in at any time, if you’re watch-a-long hasn’t started/already ended.

Even if you can’t watch with us, you definitely should watch it. It’s a ton of fun!

1 Like

(or just saying you could always move yours to a different day and time so there’s not a collision it’s not like we have hundreds of watch alongs a week)

1 Like

i was going to but I don’t know how to do that on the events calendar

@moderators is there a way to do that?

Oh nevermind! I figured it out!

@ObscurityofDCClub the watch-a-long has been changed to the same time Sunday

4 Likes

Peace and Harmony return to our little garden

2 Likes

I’ll be in volleyball but I will defiantly come back and watch this!

1 Like

Great! I hope to see you there!

@ObscurityofDCClub this will start in 2 hours!

3 Likes

90 mins!

3 Likes

1 hour folks!

2 Likes

45 mins

3 Likes

30 mins!

3 Likes

27 minutes and 20 seconds!

boostercorn

4 Likes

is the video supposed to start at 27 minutes into it, or from 0:00? the link has that timecode

3 Likes

20 mins!

3 Likes

from the very beginning. im not sure why it’s starting at a random time, but i’ll fix that now.

EDIT: I’ve just fixed it now

2 Likes

15 mins!

3 Likes