The Nightwing Thread

I’m just gonna say it. The New 52 switching out Nightwing’s blue with red is stupid

5 Likes

red probably stands out less than light blue and didio didnt like nightwing so having him stand out compared to bruce wouldnt be what was wanted at the time
everyone else was red during new 52 as well right ?

3 Likes

Yes.

4 Likes

DiDio didn’t like anyone in the DCU. When it came to story arcs this was his standard policy-

3 Likes

thats true
didios rage at nightwing felt like it was most prominent
geoff johns had to sacrifice the goat
superboy
to save another goat

i really wish dc would explore nightwing and conner being friends more

3 Likes

Agreed. I keep waiting for them to strengthen BG and Kara’s bond but it’s always in vain.

3 Likes

at least you have steph and kara

3 Likes

True. Solid pair there, and I love it, but I was always hoping for more World’s Finest type moments with BG/Kara.

4 Likes

Wally got hit pretty hard too…

Gah.

But, yeah, the blue is so much better than the red. Dick Grayson’s mantle of choice hasn’t conformed/blended in since his debut 80+ years ago. As Batman points out in Hush (and elsewhere) Dick takes center stage. That said, I do like the new52 suit design more than the Rebirth one aside from color. Finger stripes are best though. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

flash , superboy , bart (hes been flash ,kid flash and impulse but was kid flash before flashpoint), nightwing and so many other not old fart heroes were screwed over

3 Likes

True.

I think Didio said something about not seeing the point of legacy heroes or something. I think it was an interview about Infinite Crisis, discussing how Dick had originally been slated to die before Geoff Johns saved him. I remember Didio kind of laughing it off saying how subsequent stories proved him wrong, but considering the decimation of those types of characters (that we’re still recovering from!) it makes me wonder.

In my mind one of the differences between DC and Marvel is the legacy aspect. This has changed more recently, but the expansive history DC has with legacy (whether mantle passing or sidekicks or hero ‘families’) characters still stands out to me.

5 Likes

i love the families aspect to dc but dc hasnt done it well enough like the used to pre flashpoint
post flashpoint isnt bad but pre-flashpoint did some stuff better

having a place for everyone but having them come together in big groups for events or teamups was something done well

i hate the hate they have for legacy (it didnt leave with didio and im not sure its even gone just once 2023 rolled around they started hiding it better after letting their hatred out in one book that i wont name)

4 Likes

Agreed. :+1:

:fist_right: :fist_left:

4 Likes

how you guys feel about the finger stripes is how i feel about the black replacing the yellow in the superman logo (but not for clark)

3 Likes

I can see it for Kon El but not for Clark.

3 Likes

exactly
i just didnt say his name because i mentioned him once here and hes already got a thread and i didnt want to take over the nightwing thread with him

i have an edit i made a while ago that im gonna yet again post there if you wanna check it out

3 Likes

:+1: Cool. :smiley:

3 Likes

So, what do you think is Nightwing’s greatest physical asset?

Screenshot 2024-04-07 2.41.31 PM

5 Likes

He has some of the most elite hands in DC not a fav character of mines but love his fighting prowess

5 Likes

5 Likes