The Next Crisis

I love a good DC Crisis! Now don’t get me wrong, I do think nowadays the massive and supposedly universe shattering crossovers can be a little over the top. Sometimes they even feel like they’re just senseless cash grabs that don’t have any real substance. But there’s something about a Crisis that’s different. I don’t know if it’s the history of them (the first one, Crisis on Earth One/ Earth Two, came out in the early sixties, and is available to read right here on DCU), or the fantastic track record they have (Crisis on Infinite Earths still might be the best crossover put to the comic page.). And with the latest crisis, Heroes in Crisis, coming to an end in a few months, I thought it might be a good idea to put our collective DC lovin’ minds together to think of some possible Crises for the future. Personally, I’d like to see a more Shazam centered one called Crisis at the Rock of Eternity. So c’mon! What’re you waiting for! Go ahead and chime in and see where this conversation can take us!

4 Likes

@TornadoSoup I couldn’t agree with you more, which shouldn’t be a surprise because of my handle :grin:. DC Crisis’ are a huge staple of the DCU and its history. I also agree that it’s definitely time for another epic mega-crisis. The current HiC might have “crisis,” in its title, but it’s not a true Crisis event. As for a Shazam centric theme/storyline? I’d be all for that!

1 Like

Hey Mods, do you mind moving this topic to the General or Comics section please? @TornandoSoup, Fan Creations is the wrong spot for this topic. You’ll get many more replies in the sections mentioned above. :grinning:

I had considered putting this in general in the first place, but wasn’t sure. Thanks for the input. And yeah, I do agree that HiC isn’t a true Crisis (Doomsday Clock checks a lot more of the boxes really), but I figured it could work as a good launching point.

2 Likes

@TornandoSoup again I couldn’t agree more. But “Crisis Clock,” doesn’t have the same ring to it. :sweat_smile:

Hey @DCComicsCrisis, thanks for that! Moving this over to the Comics section for you, @TornadoSoup; think it’ll get the best visibility there. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@MissInkBlot, thanks buddy! :grin:

1 Like

Thanks @MissInkBlot. And you’re right @DCComicsCrisis, Clock Crisis or Crisis Clock don’t sound as good, and even Doomsday Crisis seems a little weak. I don’t know what other options there are. “Crisis of the Near Omnipotent Naked Blue Guy” really doesn’t have the same ring.

2 Likes

@TornandoSoup LMAO! That killed me.

2 Likes

I’d love me a good Legion of Super-Heroes Crisis!

1 Like

@baseballmaniac that’d be cool too. Ya know I’d like to see some Capt. Marvel-Legion adventures. That would be awesome and it makes sense.

1 Like

@baseballmaniac - If you’re looking for a good Legion of Super-Heroes Crisis, you can’t miss with ‘Legion of Three Worlds.’

Back on topic, there’s a rumor going around that Brian Michael Bendis is spearheading a new Crisis for 2020 (85th anniversary of DC Comics, 35th anniversary of Crisis on Infinite Earths). Doomsday Clock, Heroes in Crisis, Leviathan, Year of the Villain and all of the Wonder Comics Imprint stories are just set up for a huge crossover.

Take such rumors with a grain of salt, of course.

2 Likes

Crisis Kitchen - All the Multiverse folks get into the restaurant business. Personality conflicts galore! I will go with Crisis On Infinite Earths being my personal go-to for crossover events. The number of panels in that work is mind boggling.

For what it’s worth, I like the title Crisis Clock a lot. Currently, I’m feeling a lot of crossover fatigue, so I’m not really looking for the next Crisis. If it were up to me, I’d move away from crossovers for a year or so, telling smaller stories, and then do something that feels big and important. I guess Doomsday Clock and Heroes in Crisis are fairly siphoned off, so they could do a big thing in a year or so. I dunno.