THE NEXT BATMAN: SECOND SON Digital Series

Getting close to the end…

Tensions in the GCPD run high as Mayor Nakano’s anti-mask policies are dividing the force…and a brutal round one between Jace Fox and Eabha O’Roark doesn’t go the way anyone expects!

https://www.comixology.com/The-Next-Batman-Second-Son-2021-10/digital-comic/933132?ref=c2VhcmNoL2luZGV4L2Rlc2t0b3Avc2xpZGVyTGlzdC90b3BSZXN1bHRzU2xpZGVy

And so this weeks “episode” is set up.

And further foreshadowing, as was seen in the preview… Whitaker and Chubb and “Future State” set up.

And then Jace and the Jace-cycle.

I’m reminded a little of VIGILANTE: SOUTHLAND and Donny Fairchild.

A so few shots fired and punches thrown…

I like Jace’s “costume.” It’s very cool. I’d read a series with him dressed in a costume like that.

His The Next Batman costume I’m not liking at all, because it’s basically just Batman and so is boring. This one I’m liking though – it’s boring in it’s normalcy. :relaxed:

And Eabha O’Roark, from issue #7.

And we close with someone that John Ridley had teased a few weeks back in an interview…

Nrama: Deep cut or not, who else can we look forward to seeing in this book in future chapters? Will we see the likes of someone like Nightwing show up?

Ridley: I will say that there is a character showing up who I hope is very beloved in the DC universe. A character that I think is one of the really interesting characters in the DC universe. He, she, or they is a great character. I think underutilized. I could not be more excited to have this character come in and they will be very pivotal in explaining Jace’s past. How Jace might have any capacity to potentially put the cowl on.

I think that when this character shows up it really helps indicate where Jace is going to fit in the larger DC Universe, and the kinds of characters that already exist in the DC universe that if there is more of Jace, the kinds of characters that you might see.

But to answer your question, yeah, most definitely. You’re going to see some characters from the DC universe, but I think one in particular shows up that is really going to help bridge Jace’s previous existence to the present into the larger Bat universe.

And that someone is…

Very cool.

And as ever, really looking forward to seeing how this all ends.

Next time, same Jace-time, same Jace-channel.

1 Like