THE NEXT BATMAN: SECOND SON Digital Series

And after a bye week, an off-week, the drama continues.

Jace sizes up Arkadine’s new Gotham City muscle, Eabha O’Roark, with an ambush…and she’s going to be even more of a challenge than he could have anticipated! And what was the cause of the fracturing of the Fox family a decade earlier? What drove Lucius to move his eldest son overseas permanently? Secrets are about to be revealed…

https://www.comixology.com/The-Next-Batman-Second-Son-2021-7/digital-comic/930134?ref=c2VhcmNoL2luZGV4L2Rlc2t0b3Avc2xpZGVyTGlzdC90b3BSZXN1bHRzU2xpZGVy

A couple of beat-downs later, and…

So that was Eabha O’Roark.

And I like the motorcycle, the Jace-cycle.

It’s very, very cool looking. I wouldn’t mind having something like that myself.

And more “Future State” foreshadowing.

“Future State” foreshadowing with a dash of “end of issue” foreshadowing as well.

And at last… the drama. The delicious, Fox family drama.

And after a brief check-in with “Future State” detectives, Whitaker and Chubb. And more foreshadowing for those two showing how their path’s diverged and where we eventually meet them in FUTURE STATE: THE NEXT BATMAN #1

After that interlude we get some pre-courtroom goings on – and of course a bit of cliffhanger drama…

Yep, I’m really liking this.

It’s slow and boring, and no silly costumes and fisticuffs… perfect. Just how I like my super-hero comics. [insert smiley face]

No, this feels like a Vertigo comic almost. And that’s really cool, because Vertigo was pretty much all I read for years.

And this feels like a TV show too.

But that’s of course not surprising given who the writer is, John Ridley. And I wasn’t aware that he wrote an episode for the Static Shock animated series back in 2003, and for the Justice League animated series in 2004.

Of his television work, Guerilla is among my favorites.

Anyway, same Second Son-time, same Second Son-channel next week.

1 Like