:stargirl: :stargirl: The New Golden Age Discussion Thread (SPOILERS) :stargirl: :stargirl:

Yeah. I interpreted that article as Johns being put in charge of a new imprint.

6 Likes

I am happy with that.

3 Likes

So, there was an interesting moment from Flash #786: Linda Park-West threw on a costume that slightly resembles Jay Garrick’s to help the Flash Family fight Slade’s army in Dark Crisis. As soon as Jay sees her in this costume, he says, “…Judy?” When asked if he’s okay, he chalks the whole thing up to a “weird feeling of deja vu.” However, it appears that, for a split second, he remembered his daughter who never existed.

3 Likes

I’ve a feeling that’s a plot thread we may see resolved elsewhere, be it in further issues of The Flash or somewhere within The New Golden Age.

2 Likes

Oh, it’ll definitely be in Stargirl: The Lost Children.

2 Likes

I am looking forward to the return of Helena Wayne, baby… :thinking: :exploding_head: I think this is going to tie into Lazarus planet and Batman Vs. Robin, in a way similar to Future State.

6 Likes

One more month.

5 Likes

Huntress in the justice society by Bob Layton. The Al Pratt head is from a minor art fix by Mike Vosburg to update the costume of Al Pratt.

6 Likes

the odd thing about this and the one from Doomsday clock is the fact that Huntress and batman would never have been in the JSA at the same time.

Bruce had literally quit being Batman in Huntress’s origin story burning his batsuit in this.

PS: we may see something about this in Flashpoint beyond.

7 Likes

During the bronze age, the earth 2 batman came out of retirement but got killed.

7 Likes

yes, I read those…he came out of retirement for 2 issues to save the JSA…getting killed Doing so. so there was not enough time to pose for a photo.

4 Likes

Group art often will include old members like android Red Tornado. Similarly, some group art of the Legion will include dead members like Ferror Lad.

5 Likes

I would love to see a WWII era All-Star Squadron book. I know it is difficult because the writer would have to fit the book into historic facts…AND be able to keep the powered heroes from being able to end the war right away. But these characters work well in the era.

5 Likes

I would absolutely love a WWII mini. DC keeps dipping their toes into it. The new Sgt. Rock. The arc where Wally time jumped to Jay’s body. Hawkman jumping into his JSA golden age incarnation.

Might as well go the whole way.

4 Likes

Roy Thomas already worked that out with the whole Spear of Destiny Sphere of Influence trope. The most powerful and magic based heroes can’t invade Axis territory or they will be compelled to serve the Axis powers.

5 Likes

Only 29 more days.

3 Likes

2011 Justice Society by Jerry Ordway

5 Likes

29?

As in DC Special 29!!?!

5 Likes

Great story and is brought full circle with The Last Days of The Justice Society…

1 Like

2010 Justice Society by Alex Garcia

4 Likes