:stargirl: :stargirl: The New Golden Age Discussion Thread (SPOILERS) :stargirl: :stargirl:

Yeah… methinks not.

1 Like

Id Buy That For A Dollar GIF

2 Likes

It’s a go for #9 on the 19th

And with Batman '89: Echoes #2 also shipping, it won’t even be the latest comic in the batch.

4 Likes

Quite the ironic callback to

Summary

Princes of Darkness

3 Likes

For some reason, I suspected that it was Per Degaton under the Legionnaire’s mask. I should have figured it was too soon to bring him back.

2 Likes

One of Stargirl’s lesser known powers- Her sleeves vanish and reappear between panels.

BTW this does not bother me. I never notice stuff like this until the second (or 200th) read, and I have fun making jokes like this. I really enjoyed the art from Tuesday’s issue.

2 Likes

I like this title, but the amount subplots and characters this cast has is starting to get overboard. We barely seen how Huntress fits in with the main JSA and now we have another time traveler and redeemed villains. Hopefully Helena gets a New Golden Age spinoff, because she’s honestly the main draw for this run besides the JSA themselves.

Was delighted to see Power Girl act like her usual self and Hawkman rejoin the team! Don’t really buy that Harlequin’s Son could nearly flee from the JSA like that, but I guess Johns is trying to give him a strong introduction so it’s fine. Also, Huntress and Power Girl must’ve gotten really close off screen, would like to see their relationship and dynamic more in the book.

3 Likes

They have a history of being really close, and Helena was really close to future Karen. Most readers are longtime readers and instinctively know them being close.

2 Likes

Yeah, those two have been best friends since pre-crisis, but this is a new Helena Wayne with the og Power Girl. Even though she’s supposed to be the same character, she also kinda is not. Just saying that it would be nice to see these two interact more instead of it being implied.

4 Likes

That’s kind of the problem I have with the title. It’s like we have tons of set up that either doesn’t go anywhere or barely gets paid off. I know I shouldn’t compare it to the late 90’s/early 2000’s series, but with that one we got so much story and it felt like they were a team. Here, I just see characters assembled.

3 Likes

Right, and it’s worse that they’re still assembling nearly 10 issues in.

2 Likes

Assembling and getting interrupted by side missions basically

3 Likes

Issue #10 was pushed back to May 28th.

1 Like