:stargirl: :stargirl: The New Golden Age Discussion Thread (SPOILERS) :stargirl: :stargirl:

A few days ago I checked and was surprised it still had the same release date.

5 Likes

I read Jay Garrick #2 on Tuesday and Ro-Bear is a new favorite villain of mine.

Is he someone Jay (and/or the JSA as a whole) have history with, or is he a new character?

4 Likes

I think I am going to enjoy Red Lantern with that introduction.

Salem has so little grace she almost makes Magog when written by Willingham look as calm and professional as… Magog when written by Johns.

3 Likes

i looked at dc wiki and it says ro-bear is a new character.

3 Likes

I new I forgot to report something big.

Jack Knight is briefly in the last JSA comic.

3 Likes

for legion relaunch, my main suggestion is to start with justice league legacies to try to boost sales: laurel kent, brane taylor, princess xenobia, xs, green lantern rond vidar, and also to put 31st century legionnaires in the 21st century disguised as high school students. Resurrecting dead characters is an old suggestion of mine for both golden age characters and legion characters. With 31st century science, should be easy to keep people young (longevity idea of paul levitz from the bronze age in superboy 235 jan 1978) and to resurrect dead people like beast boy ilshu nor, ferro lad andrew nolan, kid psycho, mentalla, karate kid val armorr, laurel gand, monstress, green lantern rond vidar, etc. The idea of resurrecting dead people is at least as old as the bronze age in superboy 206 feb 1975 by cary bates: the legionnaires who haunted superboy.

4 Likes

I figured he was.

Also, I wouldn’t say no to a Ro-Bear figure.

4 Likes

Yeah, that doesn’t sound like a name they would use in the Golden Age.

3 Likes

shipping update

#9 now for February 20th (original date was November 21st)
#10 for April 9th

I’ll guess last week of each month for both. Issue #11 in June and #12 in August.

3 Likes

League of Comic Geeks has 9 2 weeks later.

1 Like

How fun, Lunar must have corrected it last night.

So yes March 5th for #9.

If Geoff prioritizes his Ghost Machine stuff, we could start seeing some epic delays. (like six months between issues)

4 Likes

Ninja Turtles Fans: We wish our delays were that small. Any decade now Peter Laird will do his next issue.

1 Like

Some important news in regards to the future of the series and the JSA as a whole! There’s a few spoilers in here as well.

4 Likes

2024 justice society 9 by mikel janin:

5 Likes

I normally really dislike his white suit, but it looks much better in this background.

3 Likes

Terrific, simply terrific!

3 Likes