:stargirl: :stargirl: The New Golden Age Discussion Thread (SPOILERS) :stargirl: :stargirl:

Worlds Finest 6 should had Robin be sent back to the 70’s and join the JSA.

4 Likes

RIP, Stargirl tv show.

4 Likes

Only 653,640 more seconds.
S96

4 Likes

2023 Stargirl Lost Children 3 by Ro Stein and Ted Brandt

5 Likes

Only 48,780 more seconds.

4 Likes

My new biography is out. Interesting read.

3 Likes

This is a good cover.

6 Likes

The artist drew me so well.

4 Likes

Coincidentally yesterday I read Stars and STRIPE 8, which has Robbie the Robot Dog in it.

4 Likes

Stargirl: The Lost Children #3 was a great issue! Not too many new Easter eggs, so let me just hit a couple that I haven’t mentioned previously. We get our first glimpse of the Blue Boys and Little Miss Redhead in this series. They were unpowered child heroes from the Golden Age who starred in a back-up feature for Wonder Woman’s Sensation Comics. You can find some of their stories on DCUI.

Next, there’s a member of the Newsboy Legion in this issue who you may not recognize. Famous Bobby, the female member of the Newsboy Legion, actually first appeared in 1994’s Guardians of Metropolis #1. She made a handful of sporadic appearances after that. In the 90’s, she was the great-niece of the original Guardian, Jim Harper. She became a member of the Newsboy Legion after the young clones of the original Newsboys rescued her from an orphanage. It’s great to see Famous Bobby return, but this only deepens the questions I have surrounding the inclusion of the Newsboys. Are these the original Newsboys ripped from the Golden Age or are these the young clones? If they are the original Newsboys, does that mean they never grew up to work for Cadmus and clone themselves like they did in Kirby’s Jimmy Olsen? Has Famous Bobby been retconned into the Golden Age? We’ll have to wait and see if these questions get answered.

Otherwise, I’m glad that Corky Baxter popped up to help the lost children. I had a feeling we would be seeing him after he got put in time-out. The Childminder looked creepy thanks to Nauk’s artwork. I look forward to learning more about the villain of this piece. Finally, anyone else think that the “new foster father” that Childminder mentions is Per Degaton?

4 Likes

During the bronze age 1980s Superman Family where the newsboy legion appeared in some stories, I remember there was a black member named Flip (probably short for flipper bec he wore a diving suit). There were no black heroes during golden age real publication history and there were no black members in the golden age newsboy legion in real publication history. Flip was created by Jack Kirby in 1970 oct in jimmy olsen 133.
1942 april four members of golden age newsboy legion by Gleb Melnikov:

4 Likes

Yup. Kirby introduced Flipper Dipper in 1970’s Jimmy Olsen #133, and essentially retconned him into the Golden Age Newsboys. It could be that Famous Bobby is being retconned into the Golden Age Newsboys here in the same way. It’s just not altogether clear.

4 Likes

flipper dipper real name is Walter Johnson.

5 Likes

January brings a one-two punch of Golden Age goodness!

Debuting yesterday (1/17), Stargirl: The Lost Children #3.

Main/A cover, by Todd Nauck:

B cover, by Amy Reeder.

C cover, by Ro Stein.

New Stargirl alone is worth celebrating, but she isn’t alone. Make way for Justice Society of America #2, debuting on 1/14:

Main/A cover, by Mikel Janin.

1:25 variant, by Tom Raney.

Tiago Da Silva Power Girl variants.

Between Stargirl: The Lost Children #3 and Justice Society of America #2, which Golden Age book are you most anticipating this month?

tucks his vote into the JSA ballot box

5 Likes

I’m just sitting here confused on John Henry Jr. Calling his secret identity John Henry Irons made me question if the comic was implying Steel was somehow retconned suddenly.

4 Likes

It confuses his enemies in combat.

3 Likes

JSA. Stargirl was good but the newest issue seemed like filler.

I am just happy there are choices for these characters!!!

3 Likes

It was set-up heavy. That is far from filler, but it can be underwhelming.

3 Likes

In Justice Society of America 1 they had a Who’s Who in the back and he was in there. I believe he is Steels grandfather or Great Grandfather

4 Likes

Uncle

2 Likes