:stargirl: :stargirl: The New Golden Age Discussion Thread (Spoilers; Justice Society of America #1 Drops 11/29) :stargirl: :stargirl:

I’d heard he was in Human Target, but I don’t know much about the book. It’s Black Label, so I’m not sure if it’s set on Earth-0 or in the present. :man_shrugging:

I saw your thread on it and it’s interesting! I don’t read Catwoman, though, so I didn’t have much to add. Hope it becomes clear soon!

5 Likes

Thank you. Punchline Gotham game 2 gave me some clarity. i think Selina fell asleep or is just so tired she is hallucinating.

5 Likes

:heart_eyes: :heart_eyes_cat: :heart_eyes: Prieview is out for JSA so many easter eggs on the first two pages so many…SO MANY!!! i am going to start a page for hunting down all the easter eggs in the series.

6 Likes

I wished they allowed the birth of Helena Wayne to happen in the past rather than the future so it can just be revealed that Helena Wayne and Helena Bertinelli are the same. I prefer simple continuity so for my own headcanon, I just have Helena Wayne and Helena Bertinelli as the same and we do not need 2 characters named Huntress who are quite similar. In the past, we also had a similar problem with 2 Hawkmen who were both working in museums, so thankfully, these Hawkmen got combined already. For a while, I did prefer having 2 Hawkmen since there were 2 Hawkmen pre coie and for many years post coie until Zero Hour combined them, but after the 2 Hawkmen got combined, it does look simpler and much better, and no need to find explanations why the 2 Hawkmen are so similar with similar sounding names like 1 is Katar Hol, 1 is Carter Hall. I think Fredric Vaux is the right spelling rather then Frederic Vaux. I read the Fredric Vaux bronze age story when I was a kid and I still remember the right spelling. Fredric Vaux has not been used much maybe bec he is too similar to Felix Faust.

4 Likes

Techically the are and are not. Helena Wayne stole Helena Bertinelli’s identity for a while in the new 52 (well helena of earth 2).

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: the interesting thing to me is that one year from now comment because…0_0 HELENA IS A ONE-YEAR-OLD !!!

5 Likes

I wish they had used the original Earth Two. Why bring back the Infinite Earths and then still end up on what some people have called clutter earth?

5 Likes

I started comics in the bronze age when there was an earth 2 and even tried to explain earth 2 to neighbors but I guess they could not understand the earth 2 concept, so it was probably better to get rid of earth 2 bec some people just could not understand the multiverse concept. After dc got rid of earth 2 bec of coie, I found the resulting clutter earth to be quite good bec now justice league can have dr fate, captain marvel, ray, blue beetle, captain atom. With the merging with milestone and wildstorm, they have not used the opportunity to put Icon, Rocket, Static, Grifter, Apollo, Midnighter in the justice league similar to Young Justice cartoons which has a justice league that includes Icon. I feel having most characters on 1 earth makes it easier to tell stories and to have all of the characters work together. I prefer Crime Syndicate on earth 0 to make the Crime Syndicate easier to use without the need to travel to another dimension. I prefer New Gods to have secret identities on earth to make them easier to use. I prefer 31st century legion to have secret identities in the 21st century to make them easier to use in events. Most events just are unable to use the 31s century legion bec they are just too far far away in the future and not relevant to current events, and also, many reviewers just ignore the legion title and do not even bother to review the legion title. I remember 1 professional comic reviewer admit he did not know much about the legion and had no interest to learn more about the legion and had no interest to review the legion title.
After seeing New Frontier by Darwyn Cooke, I now feel the invention of earth 2 during the start of the silver age was a mistake. Could have just allowed the golden age superman, batman and wonder woman to continue to the silver age like New Frontier (overaged superman, batman and wonder woman problem was avoided at the start of the silver age bec they quietly dropped the ties of the trinity to world war 2, there is no need to tie golden age to world war 2 to avoid overaged characters bec in comic book years, jay garrick is now more than 100 years old, barry allen is almost 100 years old).

2 Likes

That’s a very interesting timeline as that would currently put Bruce in his mid to late 30’s.

4 Likes

In the bronze age, Solomon Grundy once kept Huntress in a cage. From Infinity Inc, I remember Solomon Grundy used to be a member of Infinity Inc. Solomon Grundy was included in the updated who’s who of Infinity Inc.

5 Likes

Sorta kinda. Grundy was more like Jade’s pet and then it wasn’t really Jade and someone ended up dead and someone else framed. It was a mess…

4 Likes

:thinking: i wonder how much Degaton has been manipulating Helena Wayne’s timeline, as I believe he holds a massive grudge against her. Given this the new timeline post is the post-golden age being changed in Flashpoint beyond. He could be manipulating things so a version of the original helena wayne would rise so he could end her last.

5 Likes

Got the issue preordered.

3 Likes

Just got off the main site reading their column. It may just be coincidence but I notice in April the new Green Arrow series comes out. Thats around the time Stargirl concludes. They describe it as a search for the missing Green Arrow. Maybe nothing to it. Just thought it was interesting.

5 Likes

I think that may be more related to recent events in… another DC event currently taking place…

3 Likes

Seems like Geoff Johns would like to form a new Seven Soldiers Of Victory with maybe Green Arrow, Emiko Queen, Courtney Whitmore, Pat Dugan, etc.

5 Likes

You may be right. Interesting to see who will be in the search party.

4 Likes

For sure the green arrow family will be looking for green arrow.

3 Likes

Yes. But if you’re right about Johns wanting to restore a Seven Soldiers then Stargirl and Crimson Avenger might well be joining them. Or at least show up during the search.

4 Likes

From the preview of JSA that DC released is Geoff Johns using the Arkham’s as Martha’s side of the family like he did in Earth One?

5 Likes

Easton version would be interesting but it’s a oddity in terms of timeline. To me, it seems like Easton wanted to stick with Tom king’s Mister Miracle to set up his new revamp of shilo that occurred in his solo series. I don’t think it’s canon and it’s just mainly in the future state.

3 Likes