:stargirl: :stargirl: The New Golden Age Discussion Thread (SPOILERS) :stargirl: :stargirl:

The two are frequent collaborators and known for being good friends.

3 Likes

I bet your parents appreciate that, Court.

3 Likes

Two thirds of them do. I miss dad.

4 Likes

I seem to remember Dr Charles McNider used to be dead but I thought I saw him again in the preview for the Flash comic. Dr Charles McNider got replaced by Dr Beth Chapel. After Eclipso killed Dr Beth Chapel, the next dr mid-nite was Dr Pieter Cross. Seems like Dr Beth Chapel died ahead of Dr Charles McNider (Dr Beth Chapel was killed in the Eclipso solo title that followed the Eclipso event, Dr Charles McNider got killed in Zero Hour).

3 Likes

Beth died less than one year before Charles.

4 Likes

Just saw this key detail.

Apparently the Childminder is female. This somewhat narrows it down.

4 Likes

for dr charles mcnider, I prefer purple gloves over brown gloves.

3 Likes

The Childminder was actually revealed in The New Golden Age trailer, if you want to take a look:

Childminder

It seems like both Beth and Charles are back. Beth has been back since Doomsday Clock #12 and most recently made an appearance in Superman: Son of Kal-El #17. A second Dr. Mid-Nite recently appeared in Flash #788 and it looked like it could be Chuck (though, it could also possibly be Pieter).

5 Likes

I think we still do not know if Mike undied since New 52 or not. I recently reread Infinite Frontier and both Stargirl comics, and he is not mentioned in either of them.

At least he is in this variant cover

3 Likes

Mike got Chuck Cunningham Syndrome.

4 Likes

I’m betting Mike/the MIA Cunningham has Ralph Malph tendencies as well.

3 Likes

Who?

On a related note the characters on Happy Days are so great.

3 Likes

Chuck’s the Cunningham that Fonz doesn’t like and a lost child in his own right.

He and Court would likely be pals.

3 Likes

I am pals with most people.

3 Likes

Chuck appreciates it.

Court’s better than Ralph Malph, anyday.

3 Likes

For the legion of 4 worlds story that might be coming, my guess is Geoff Johns will try to preserve as much legion history as possible. I noticed Geoff Johns tried a new approach in trying to preserve most of the golden age history of seven soldiers of victory. Geoff Johns has also tried to preserve the bronze age history of the justice society that had power girl and star spangled kid. For preservation of most of legion history, my guess is Geoff Johns will try to merge the histories of the various legion versions: original legion, reboot legion, threeboot legion, fourboot legion to get a much larger retroboot legion that can include most of legion history from 1958 to present. The various legion versions followed each other sequentially so it might be possible to just line them up as a single history: original legion → reboot legion → threeboot legion → fourboot legion.

3 Likes

Could be! Though, that is harder to do with the Legion than it is for the JSA. Legion continuity took a lot of weird twists and turns over the years. Johns could definitely pick and choose from a number of Legion members, though, and that is exciting.

3 Likes

4 legions+reserves+academy+heroes of lallor+wanderers is about 100 characters, so it has a very large cast if you combine all 4 legion versions.

3 Likes

Saw Dr Charles McNider in the human target preview and he has purple gloves like during his golden age days, silver age days and early bronze age days.

3 Likes

:thinking: ghaaa trying to figure out what’s been going on in Catwoman’s run (so many art errors:sob:) has been taking up way too much space in my head I missed that. will have to read it again soon…however right now its the time were i am just trying to make the last 52 minutes go buy before the latest batch of comics is released by amazon.

4 Likes