:stargirl: :stargirl: The New Golden Age Discussion Thread (SPOILERS) :stargirl: :stargirl:

1. I don’t have a favorite title, but I hope to change that eventually.

2. Back when I was in elementary/middle school and I picked up as many Showcase Presents collections as I could access via the library, I probably read at least one classic crossover.

5 Likes

Sorry to respond so late to you but overtime and busy weekends get me behind on checking email and these kinda things. But anyway I do know they really jacked up the rent on him so maybe the mall was cheaper. He ended up in the middle of the mall so maybe decent foot traffic. I guess I never really asked him to get DC back. Lately hes even been having trouble getting my IDW Star Trek books. You dont mess with a man’s Star Trek books! Lol I’m a huge Trek fan! So no DC and no Trek. Hmmmm. I think i need to have a talk with my LCS owner!

4 Likes

On brand.

I think your LCS owner did not want to deal with a second distributor. Let him know you want DC. I’m sure you’re not alone. Also, DC releases a day sooner (Tuesdays, not Wednesdays… I know, it takes getting used to…).

You didn’t ask me, but I’m answering anyways (but welcome to the Society @MiscellaneousSoup). All-Star Squadron was my intro to the JSA. When I was a young Moth, I somehow stumbled upon the first appearance on Infinity Inc. in All-Star Squadron #25. That issue had a profound effect on the way I see the JSA and superhero legacies.

4 Likes

Victory!

3 Likes
3 Likes

Thanks!

4 Likes

Thats true TheCosmicMoth he didnt want to deal with a second distributor. But I still want some DC! Lol Some I dont mind waiting for on here to read but some titles I would like to get right at release.

3 Likes

No problemo! Do what must be done, and after that, there’s always time for DCUI. :slight_smile:

Why? You needs your fix of that sweet DC mix.

…and yes, I may have been listening to Limp Bizkit in the last day or so.

:shushing_face:

Yeah, yeah, its crummy “music”, but its still fun crummy “music” at least.

Shades of Homer going insane in one of the best Treehouse of Horror specials ever.

He said “No TV and no beer make Homer something, something.”, whereas you could say “No DC and no Trek comics make insert your real name here something, something.”

To which the owner would say “Go to another comic store?”, upon which you say “Don’t mind if I do!”

Just don’t flip out like Homer did. :wink:

Agreed. Let him know you like his store, but that if he can’t or won’t carry what you want to spend money on, then you’re just going to have to go elsewhere, and that its really his product selections that are pushing you out his door and into another store.

Be firm, but polite.

Perfectly fine! I’m always up for chit-chattin’ Society schtuff with anybody, especially my fellow Superman fans (even if they don’t see the grandeur of Superman Blue :wink:).

3 Likes

I ‘DO’ need my fix of that sweet DC mix! Lol Maybe when i stop in this week we will have a discussion. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

4 Likes

If you’re a fan of Aqua Teen Hunger Force, you could channel your inner-Carl and say “I been meanin’ to have a li’l dialogue with ya on that.”

Seriously though, best of luck! I hope your store’s owner sees the light and gets DC and Trek back on track for you.

2 Likes

Happy DCUI Anniversary @brigadierfl.28260! :partying_face: :cake: Here’s to another year! :fireworks:

569450BB-777B-4C5D-AAD8-42EBF5D766EE

4 Likes

@Shayera.Hol has landed in the thread! :partying_face:

Are you excited for November’s JSA/JSA-related books, Titan of Thanagar?

4 Likes

Yes! I’m especially keen to read more comics focused on Stargirl - I’m admittedly not super familiar with her, so I’m excited to dive in soon. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Cool beans!

What Stargirl stuff have you read, so far?

2 Likes

So I talked to him and he did say he has been thinking of getting DC again! And i said oh, there is 2 new books coming out I would like to get. He said well it would be a few weeks till it would start if he decides to do it. And he said he didnt have me down for the Star Trek’s and I was like what!?!? He said hes not getting for shelf anymore because im the only who gets it. Well you know i want it so order it for me! Geez!

3 Likes

Two things:

1. Happy DCUIversary! :partying_face:

2. Time to find a new comic store. :wink:

2 Likes

Happy anniversary!

2 Likes

Thanks!

2 Likes

Thanks to you too! I celebrated by going for pizza with some family. Ok, it was for something else but hey! Lol!

3 Likes

Could be wrong but given they mentioned those two specifically, I think they are saying that as they revive Golden Age heroes (or legacy characters of Golden Age heroes)

5 Likes