:stargirl: :stargirl: The New Golden Age Discussion Thread (SPOILERS) :stargirl: :stargirl:

Between November’s WildStorm and Blue Beetle books, the Death of Superman 30th Anniversary Special and now the Justice Society news, all I can say is bring. November. ON. :metal:t2: :partying_face:

Also: Be sure to check out the trailer for The New Golden Age:

13 Likes

@MatthewHecht

7 Likes

Exciting news! I’m down for a return of the Golden Age.

5 Likes

The article mentions that every issue of Stargirl: The Lost Children and Justice Society of America will sport a “The New Golden Age” banner above their titles.

I’m curious if other titles (be they existing and/or forthcoming) will be doing that.

5 Likes

This looks like it will be cool.

5 Likes

Right? I like the release schedule, too.

The New Golden Age one-shot goes on sale 11/8, while Stargirl: The Lost Children #1 hits on 11/15 and Justice Society of America #1 drops on 11/22.

All of that is just in time for Thanksgiving. I’m very thankful to have new Justice Society stuff to anticipate, especially when its written by Geoff Johns.

SN: I kinda-sorta want to get caught up with Flashpoint Beyond, now. Do I pick up from where I left off (#2), or do I wait for the trade (which comes out on November 22nd)?

I’ll try to be good and stick to the trade.

6 Likes

Man, am I gonna have to buy these six months in advance of appearing here?

8 Likes

This is great news. I think most of us may have been anticipating the imminent return of a JSA comic what with their return in Dark Crisis and the Black Adam movie. So this doesn’t come as a huge surprise, but it’s certainly most welcome. The DC publishing slate without a JSA comic just feels… incomplete, and it’s been absent one for far too long. I hope, I hope, I hope that these titles sell well and that they keep going for years to come.

8 Likes

Let’s ask Rorschach:

Well, you heard Walter. I’d listen to him.

7 Likes

This should be interesting. I’m honestly a little hesitant about seeing John’s return to the JSA. Don’t get me wrong, his run on that book was legendary, but that’s kind of why – creators coming back to the characters they innovated on has been hit and miss over the years.

That said, the premise does sound interesting, so I hope this will be a hit.

7 Likes

I was just checking to see if this was posted here yet.

I am filled with tears of joy.

8 Likes

Batman cries with joy? :wink:

7 Likes

Of course I cry with joy. My bat tearducts work fine. I even once used it as my profile picture.

8 Likes

Tears aren’t supposed to be green.

However…the DC Universe is full of things that are out of the ordinary (one of the bajillion things that makes it so special), so you know what? You cry green tears of joy. :superman_hv_4:

Now, I wonder who’s on the new JSA. We know the stalwarts (Jay, Alan, etc.) are there, but is…Power Girl?

6 Likes

So glad to have the JSA & Stargirl back! Can’t wait to read these! Definitely going to add both to my pulllist at my local comic shop as soon as full solicitations are officially out!

Thank you DC for finally giving us a New JSA book. Only took 11 years. :laughing:

7 Likes

I really like the art in the Stargirl previews.

6 Likes

Based on today’s announcements (WildStorm, Blue Beetle and Justice Society), my pull list nearly doubled.

Here, here!

raises his beverage in agreement

Well, there was Earth 2, during The New 52, which debuted in 2012 and ended in 2015. That was kind-of a Justice Society book.

7 Likes

I am now worried they’re gonna squish Helena Wayne and Helena Bertinelli together :frowning:

7 Likes

Would you be opposed to a series titled “Huntresses”?

8 Likes

oooooh, you got me. That would be AWESOME.

7 Likes