:superman: The Movie World Is Heading To Comics In Two All-New DC Digital First Series! :batman:

Also, the cover has the cape as fully black, like in the movies, and the illustration samples have a deep purple on the inside. Hope it’s more like the cover in the final version.

4 Likes

This is bonkers, yet admittedly delightful. The creative teams are super well-matched to their respective titles (Shout-out to Quinones finally getting to cash in on his obsession with the Burton movies), and in comparison to most other comic tie-ins to film properties, there’s something genuine here. Like these teams are interested using the worlds/iconography of the movies to make great comics rather than print money.

Also: I think it’s time to start paying attention to the DC Digital-First department. A lot of weird, funky, interesting stuff happening under that tent.

5 Likes

I think Digital First has been worth paying attention to for nearly a decade, but if Batman '66 and other books didn’t do the trick for some, then these announcements make it something everyone should be in on.

4 Likes

Indeed, and you can bet I’ve already requested their digitization. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@Razzzcat, have you seen this madness? :eyes: :hugs: :purple_heart:

7 Likes

Now we also need the '89 comic adaptation, too.

4 Likes

If Quinones adds more Kenner-era Easter Eggs to his book, it’ll be worth the price for that alone.

hopes for a scene of Batman in his Wall Scaler suit

4 Likes

Yeah, there’s been some great stuff coming out of there for a few years now. Some of my favorites include Injustice: Gods Among Us, DC Bombshells, and Harley Quinn: Black + White + Red.

3 Likes

Joker flashbacks, at least? :pleading_face:

2 Likes

hmmmm… last year, I got a Batman the Dark Knight Collection Batmobile.

and the post has gotten a lot of likes. I wonder…

8 Likes

There’s a 30th anniversary edition of it in digital, so maybe that would pop up here? It could kind of fit in as an original graphic novel, even thought it was originally a movie tie-in one-shot when it came out.

3 Likes

That Bruce Wayne design look just like the action figure I had!:smiley:
Love how the design for each characters looking like Batman the Animated series!

3 Likes

I was wondering what was up with that design! I was thinking that maybe it was some sort of near future suit, which would also explain the white temples on Bruce’s hair.

6 Likes

If there’s a scene in Batman '89 of the Batmobile firing it’s turbine as a missile, you just know Quinones is referencing the DKC Batmobile!

6 Likes

Yup, @Vroom knew exactly what I’m talking about!:smiley:

5 Likes

So exciting! I love Quinones’ art!

6 Likes

I think the problem is that it’s considered as a deluxe novel, and the way it’s done is that it shows the page followed by the pencils of that page, and so on. Probably reads okay as a paper book, but could be annoying for someone reading it digitally, if they just want to read the story.

6 Likes

The Jokerz leader look like Prince and the twin girls from Return of the Joker!:smiley:

4 Likes

Another cool detail I just noticed:

So we’ll get six issues in one day of each book, and then the next six installments will launch each week. That’s kind of cool – kind of reminds me of some recent streaming series where they would release a couple of episodes to binge during it’s debut, then start serializing it after.

7 Likes

I really really hope for some easter eggs for The Flash movie!

6 Likes