:superman: :00_supergirl: The Modern Age Superman Club :00_supergirl: :superman:

My favorite decade era for Superman will have to be the 90s, from 1990-1999 there’s so many great different stories of him! :smiley:

:superman:

1 Like

The '90s are one of my favorite eras of Superman.

You had the introduction, and vast majority of, the Triangle Era, The Trial of Superman, the wedding, the Blue and Red saga and oh yes, The Death and Return of Superman, my all-time favorite DC story, Superman story and overall comic book story.

The '90s were the bomb, yo! :metal:t2:

1 Like

My friend, is there a thread where one could perchance discuss the amazing backup to Action Comics #5 by Sholly Fisch and ChrisCross? :slight_smile:

1 Like

strokes his chin in thought as he gazes upward at the night sky

Not that I know of offhand, but if you want, you’re welcome to discuss it (and other :superman:uper things that don’t have an existing thread) here.

Super! :wink:

So, for Action Comics #5, the backup by Sholly Fisch and ChrisCross, I really loved how sensitive Sholly is about the whole situation. Jonathan and Martha are so well drawn, the various options are explored carefully, and the structure, as always, displays impeccable craft - building tension beautifully until the final scene, where we know what’s going to happen. (I got inspired to read the backup from a great interview with Sholly on youtube: IVAN COHEN & SHOLLY FISCH for Batman & Scooby Doo Mysteries — Feb 2022 Kids' Club Selection - YouTube, and I am super glad I did!) I have to say, I know Morrison gets all the splash for the Action n52 run, but I really want to just read the backups now (since I’m just not a fan of Morrison, even the famous All Star Superman).

1 Like

I see what you did there.

does a golf clap

The New 52 Action back-ups are indeed a swell read. Feel free to chime in with additional thoughts on them.

:00_supergirl: Supergirl, Infinite Frontier-style! :00_supergirl:

Celebrating Hispanic Heritage Month with Jose Delgado!

:superman: :00_robin: The Super Sons Hit The Screen! :00_robin: :superman:

The best-selling, most impactful and most influential DC story of the last three decades celebrates its big 3-0!

1 Like

Dawn of DC begins this month!

1 Like

Supergirl…Box Office Champion of Tomorrow!

Blue Beetle and Superman: Dawn of Azure Justice

1 Like

Celebrating Superman/Batman’s 20th anniversary in style:

1 Like

"KNEEL!"

3 Likes

“Bizarro am not back and Bizarro dislike cheese.”

2 Likes

Superman’s gone cowboy!

3 Likes

When Harry Sinson met Sally Lor-Zod…

2 Likes

Happy Anniversary Supergirl!

The Maid of Might turns 65 this year! Celebrate her anniversary with a Women’s History Month kick off!

2 Likes