The Modern Age Superman Club Week 7: Superman/Batman: The Search for Kryptonite

Greetings @ModernAgeSupermanClub, and welcome back for a new week of action and adventure in the DC Universe as only Superman can provide it: Alongside his BFF Batman and in the pages of the modern masterpiece ongoing series that is Superman/Batman.

Read on for the details of this positively :green_circle: glowing adventure :green_circle:, which was suggested by @Bar-El! Give her a hand, folks! :clap:t2: :clap:t2:

:books: Read:

:speaking_head: Discuss:

• Our story begins with Superman and Batman undertaking the goal of securing every last piece of Kryptonite on Earth. While a noble endeavor, is it ultimately folly and should The Man of Steel and The Caped Crusader have placed their efforts on more immediate situations that called for them?

• The One Year Later Aquaman made his debut in #45. What are your thoughts on this new and different take on Aquaman?

• What was your favorite scene from this arc, and why? It’s got a quite a few great scenes, so its understandable if you’ll need to think this one over for a bit. :clark_hv_4:

• Anything else that comes to your mind as your search out all of the nifty things this arc provides.

That’s the score for this week, Super Crusaders! Take flight and enjoy!

:superman_hv_4: :batparrot:

5 Likes

:partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face:
Yeeeeehaaaaaaaw!! One of my favorites from this series!! And easy on the eyes too :smirk:

Y’all are in for a great story!

• There’s some fun new kryptonite to play with :superman_hv_2:

• Pirate Superman :pirate_flag:

• Superman living the high life :bowl_with_spoon:

• Justice League Cuteness Edition! :heart_eyes:

• The best superhero movie ever made!!! :movie_camera:

I LOVE this from all the crazy fun things that happen to some of the best deep conversations about who Superman is, all the bad that comes with the good, and the never ending battle to find the line and not cross it. Oh and there’s Bat’s too but you know where my allegiances lie :laughing:

I can’t wait to chat with you guys about this one! There are too many things I love about it!

3 Likes

Heyyy, I thought it was your fav’rit, Bibbo. :wink:

2 Likes

You can’t pick a favorite comic @Vroom, it hurts the others feelings! :laughing:

2 Likes

Well, you know my favorite of Superman/Batman is The Supergirl from Krypton and if that hurts the other’s feelings then…

…well…sob…I don’t want to hurt their feelings…

:sob:

goes to grab some DC-themed Kleenex, a product that actually does exist

2 Likes

It’s ok, just tell them you love them all the same. You know it’s a lie, they know it’s a lie, but there’s just something about mutual deception that helps smooth over the hurt…

2 Likes

This presents a quandary, though:

If I endeavor to be like Superman, and he doesn’t lie, then how can I lie to the (as Magpie said in Beware The Batman) “shiny, shiny” that are The Books?

You’re causing a real inner-tug of war/ethical dilemma with my Kryptonian side, @Bar-El…:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

:rofl::exploding_head: one of life’s quandaries!

2 Likes

And thank you for that. :joy:

cracks open a frosty cold Dr. Pepper and toasts it @Bar-El’s way

Cheers! :superman_hv_4:

2 Likes

I’ve got to say after watching Man of Steel with you guys it totally made me think of the end of this comic! Granted the assault on Smallville is also very end of BvS too!

2 Likes

That’s why I chose MOS for our Sunday WAL.

Totally. :smirk:

2 Likes

Of course! You wouldn’t have us watch Superman Returns and then the Reeve’s movies and then MoS without some master plan in mind!

2 Likes

Oh, sure. :clark_hv_4: :full_moon_with_face:

Wait’ll you see what pops up on the 24th! :superman_hv_4:

2 Likes

:rofl:

2 Likes