The Modern Age Superman Club Week 4: Celebrating 10 Years of The New 52 Superman, Part 2: Superboy

The New 52 reinvention of the Superman franchise continues, with the debut of an all-new, all-different, Superboy!

What’s the scoop on Project N.O.W.H.E.R.E.'s clone, and what does it portend for Superman and the greater DCU? Find out below!

:books: Read:

:speaking_head: Discuss:

• Have you read this take on Superboy?

• What are your thoughts on how Superboy was reinvented for The New 52?

• Who is your favorite Superboy and what is your favorite Superboy comic series?

• Anything else that comes to mind, Super Fans.

That’s the slice of the Superman-themed New 52 pie for this week @ModernAgeSupermanClub! As always, enjoy, have fun and remember: Never trust Project N.O.W.H.E.R.E.

:superman:

2 Likes

I did read Superboy as it was being released. I have never been too connected to Superboy as a character so I thought it was an okay book. I do know some people that disliked this version as they preferred the previous incarnation.

1 Like

“My” Superboy is the Pre-New 52 Conner Kent.

I’ve been a fan of Superboy since I was a kid, thanks to:

• The Superboy shorts sandwiched between episodes of Filmation’s The New Adventures of Superman.
  • The live-action Superboy TV series.
  • His Reign of the Supermen reinvention/appearances.
  • His action figure from Kenner’s Superman: Man of Steel line.

However, the way Geoff Johns wrote Conner just made him click with me in a way greater than any take on Superboy previously had, or has since then.

That said, I mostly enjoyed Superboy’s New 52 title. It was my least-favorite of the Wave 1 Super-books, but still a fun title, all-around (especially once noted writer Tom DeFalco came onboard).

1 Like