The Modern Age Superman Club Presents: Superman: Brainiac Attacks 15th Anniversary Watch-Along, Sunday, September 26th at 2 PM P/5 PM E

Greetings @ModernAgeSupermanClub and all other connoisseurs of fun animation!

The Superman-related 15th anniversaries of 2021 continue onward, as the focus this coming Sunday will be on the DCAU adventure Superman: Brainiac Attacks.

If you’re super at Watch-Alongs, you know our plan of attack, but if you’re new to them and need some knowledge sunshine to help boost you into the sky, then read on for how this works, :superman:uper friend.

Date: September 26th, at 2 PM Pacific/5 PM Eastern.

Place: This thread at the above date and time. :point_up:t2:

How: Superman: Brainiac Attacks is available on DVD, Blu-ray and Digital HD while streaming on HBO Max. Whatever your home video plan of attack, please have the movie and your commenting device of choice (computer, phone, tablet, Kryptonian dealy of some sort, etc.) ready for when the clock strikes Play Time. :clock: :play_or_pause_button:

Afterall, this guy is all about being where he needs to be, and at just the right time:

I’ll see you there, :superman:uper Friends!

:superman_hv_4:

7 Likes

Yeah! This is a weird one…

4 Likes

Oh hell yeah!

3 Likes

@Bar-El Yeah, kind of.

Upon first viewing, it was jarring to me to hear different voices for Brainiac (Lance Henriksen, instead of Corey Burton) and Lex Luthor (Powers Boothe, aka the DCAU Gorilla Grodd, instead of Clancy Brown), but I got used to it, and enjoyed the flick, overall.

At least we still had Dana Delany (:heart:) and Tim Daly for Lois and Clark, along with other STAS stalwarts like George Dzundza (Perry), Shelly Fabares (Martha) and Mike Farrell (Jonathan).

I’m looking forward to this re-watch, as the last time I saw Brainiac Attacks in full was when it debuted on Blu-ray in 2013.

@JU1C3B0X3R I like your enthusiasm! Are you new to the movie, or have you seen it?

3 Likes

I like Clancy Brown better as Lex. Still it’s a good movie even with alot of negative towards it.:slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I agree still a good one. It’s Lex’s entire personality that caught me off guard lmao way more campy than I had expected but once the shock wore off it was still fun!

2 Likes

Everybody likes Clancy best, but Powers Boothe did a decent enough job, I felt.

His Lex wasn’t as understated as Clancy’s, but hey, even Lex is peppy and bubbly at times, right?

“Mercy, bring popcorn!” :popcorn:

3 Likes

2 hours and 10 more minutes til the watch along. :slightly_smiling_face:
:superman:

2 Likes

Banner’s up! Enjoy the WAL y’all - one hour to go. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :superman: :brain:

4 Likes

S:eyes:N!

3 Likes

GO go go!

2 Likes

Gotta be in it to win it.

1 Like

Ah space, so pretty!

:superman_hv_2:

1 Like

Hey, Super Fans!

2 Likes

:wave: afternoon!

1 Like

A billion dollars for that piece- you know Lex would be selling counterfeit kryptonite to idiots

2 Likes

Who knew Lex was the DCAU Grodd (actor Powers Boothe)? :wink:

2 Likes

:raising_hand_woman: but only because you told me way back when :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Lex pumping money into the economy doesn’t hurt…

A hard left toward Earth?

2 Likes