The Losers

What do you think of The Losers movie, based off the Vertigo series of the same name (which is a modern day refresh of the older DC Losers title)?

It’s quite possibly my favorite Vertigo movie. Great cast (love Jeffrey Dean Morgan and Chris Evans’ characters), its shot well, features good action sequences, and it’s pretty darn faithful to the source material (Jock’s artwork is shown in the opening title too).

The “DC is too dark” crowd would probably enjoy this one since it’s full of wiseacres, is very bright and colorful, features pop culture references and is quite funny in spots (Evans in the office building in particular).

Have you seen The Losers? If so, what’d you think?

5 Likes

I liked it. It was just that it wasn’t based on a popular franchise that it didn’t do well at the box office. Worth renting.

2 Likes

One of my favorite movies! I feel it’s a slept on classic.

2 Likes

Glad to see a few other fans of it. It’s also on HBO on-demand right now if you’ve got HBO.

4 Likes

I own it on Blu-ray. I really dig it!

2 Likes

I love it. I believe their based on the dirty dozen, which is based on a real group of army corps soldiers from world war ll. They never shaved & didn’t follow protocol cuz they always completed their missions. They were so unruly yet successful their Sgt. let em be. I’d definitely be down with that idea tho Vroom.

1 Like

This movie is AWESOME! Morgan, Elba, Evans and Zoe are all fantastic! Three thumbs up, if that’s a thing.

1 Like

It’s is now lol.

I really like this movie. It would be awesome to have it on the service.