The Loose Canon Discussion: Justice by Alex Ross

Magpie, obviously. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Hello, Megan! How did I not guess that? :wink:

2 Likes

2 Likes

Just finished this up, right in the nick of time! :smiley:

Overall I like it – great set up, great character moments, it was really engrossing seeing the Justice League beaten down as they were, only to come back stronger than ever. I feel like the ending didn’t quite hit the mark, because it felt like by that point there was almost too many characters moving around and it kind of lost track of the plot. I also didn’t like the way they hand waved the villains knowing everyone’s identity with John Stewart editing their minds with the Green Lantern ring, that just didn’t make a lot of sense.

Favorite panels, there’s a whole hell of a lot. Like what you put in the last post, including other stuff like Wonder Woman’s cursed form as she throws down with Cheetah.

As for the villains and how they were part of the story – the idea of them believing they were saving the world from the Justice League was a compelling idea. I think once it was revealed that Brainiac was manipulating everyone, they kind of became bit parts, though.

And like I said, I could totally see aspects of this working in the modern movies. Like I was picturing Zackery Levi’s Shazam throwing Henry Cavill’s Superman into the sun to save him, and the two shortly saving Ezra Miller’s Flash from running himself to death. Not to mention a big confrontation between Aquaman and Black Manta to save his child – though probably without the new African nation that Black Manta kinda-sorta enslaved, that would probably be…problematic to do nowadays.

2 Likes

Hey glad you got it in on time (still would have been fine if ya hadn’t). I totally forgot about how the villains memories were wiped out by GL. Yeah that was kinda like “hey we need to wrap this story up so…” I know what you mean with all the characters moving around at the end also. It’s still one of my favorites and love the overall premise of the plot. Definitely move worthy story.

2 Likes

Howdy y’all!
Just wanted to say thanks for joining me for this first run with The Loose Canon! It was a great first go thanks to y’all. If you like The New Frontier or would like to check it out, The Loose Canon’s 2nd go is up :upside_down_face:

@Vroom
@Jay_Kay
@Meisaj
@JasonTodd428
@ralphsix
@AlexanderKnox
Thanks a bunch and hope y’all have a great Christmas and New Year’s! :flash_hv_5: :christmas_tree: :tada:

4 Likes

You have a great Christmas and New Year yourself @Aquamon.

1 Like

Update: This topic has been moved from the Join A Club sub-category to the main Community Events section- I had originally converted this to a private message erroneously, but @Aquamon was kind enough to work through the process with me.

I return you to your regularly scheduled discussion.

thwips back onto Gargoyle

4 Likes

Thwipping is Marvelous, but…is it Distinguished?

puts pipe filled with Mr. Bubble in his mouth as he contemplates this noodle baker of a question, then pulls the pipe out

Survey says…yes, it is indeed Distinguished.

Ya know, I’m thinking of watching Gargoyles now. That, or They Live.

3 Likes

Elementary, my dear Vroom!

3 Likes

Mmmm, yes.

puffs on more Mr. Bubble

2 Likes

ah yes the subtle Gargoyles

3 Likes

Keith David and dramatically screaming in animated roles, name a more iconic duo.

3 Likes

image :rofl:

3 Likes

2 Likes

…Touche.

3 Likes

I adore Homer, but he needs to put on his pants before doing Donut Lifts.

Keith David is badass in They Live, Gargoyles, Armageddon, Young Justice and well, everything he’s in, even if what he’s in may suck.

So…Justice, a great mini-series.

3 Likes