The Legacy of George Perez's WONDER WOMAN

Hello DC Family!

In light of the well-known comic book artist, George Perez, having recently announced his retirement, we wanted to make our lovely community aware of the fact that his entire run of Wonder Woman is now available for access here on DC Universe!

In celebration of such now being available, we also have an article in the News Section which takes a look into his iconic work, as well as Wonder Woman’s background story, so if you’d like to take a gander at it, you can find the link here: The Legacy of George Perez's WONDER WOMAN (note: if you’re unable to click on the link, you can also find it by going directly to our News section on the site!)

11 Likes

62 issues! all in order from #1 … this is the greatest day for comics in DCU hist-- passes out

6 Likes

Lynda carter, yes. George Perez…hell yes. Gal Gadot, hog wash! She is not Wonder Woman!

2 Likes

Happy retirement George! I love your work

3 Likes

Awesome!

2 Likes

I was first introduced to George Perez by his work on New Teen Titans (or that’s the first time I realized it), and was immediately a fan. Throughout his work on Titans, then Crisis on Infinite Earths, I loved his work more and more. I couldn’t have been more thrilled when he took over the Wonder Woman reboot, although disappointed that he wouldn’t be working on Titans. Perez remains on of my favorite comic creators and certainly my favorite comic book artist. Thanks for all the wonderful years George! Enjoy taking a break!

5 Likes

I started reading it yesterday. Wow! Everything about it is fantastic! I’m going to read all the Wonder Woman comics.

3 Likes

Like cshawnc, New Teen Titans was when I first realize I loved George Perez’ (and Marv Wolfman’s) work. I was so angry with them when they destroyed my Silver Age continuity with Crisis on Infinite Earths. But after returning to comic books in my retirement, I’ve discovered a new philosophy. Instead of sitting on the side of the river and trying to keep the progress from happening and enjoying my camp ground in that particular moment, I’ve built myself a raft and have learned to enjoy the many moments as they go by. I’m really going to miss George Perez (and his collaborations with Marv Wolfman). But thank the Gods for DC’s trade paperbacks and omnibus’ and DC Universe’s animated line-up.

2 Likes

Enjoy retirement, Mr. Perez.

2 Likes

Aww, @manifest! I know how you feel - my response was, “welp, I guess that’s where all of those “extra” hours I had “leftover” for sleep will be going.” Sleep can come later :slight_smile: Happy reading everyone!

1 Like

Perez & Wolfman are 2 of my all time favorites. Along with Geoff Johns, they always round out my top 5. Happy retirement Perez, thank u for all you’ve given to DC. A true legend of DC comic lore.

2 Likes

Hey hey, Dj! Good to see you back 'round these parts! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi KittyKrawler U2. Been nonstop comics. U guys put some unbelievable material on here. Soon as I saw Geoff Johns GL run it was over. Hook in mouth, & went from there to nonstop reading all kinds of comics on here. So many great reads. I read all day/night for over a wk. Thank U for all the new stuff, it’s unreal!!!

2 Likes

@djd187.81432
I called it! Knew you’d get sucked in. Haha
That’s awesome! I’m so glad to hear you’re enjoying the content! Looking forward to reading your feedback around the boards. :slight_smile:

1 Like

KittyKrawler, yeah u nailed it on the head. I couldn’t stop myself. I swiped a weird angle on my iPad & casting to tv option appeared. Idk I even had that? It was the same day all the new material was added, so I started the Johns GL run on my tv & it was over. I casted the shows b4 by air drop. Idk I could mirror comics & shows til I accidentally swiped on my iPad trying to turn a pg. the shows even look better through the mirroring option then the air cast/drop. Very happy accident & I can’t stop reading. I’m heading there now lol.

2 Likes

@DJ Hahaha That’s awesome!
There has been a recent update to the app. So perhaps that was it?
Either way, I’m glad to hear it’s working for you now!

2 Likes

KittyKrawler yeah I got all kinds of new options & additions on my Apple TV. I also have a mirror option on one of my inputs on tv I never had b4. I tried to use it & it asked for a 4 digit pin. It said I could find it on my device or listen for it. I looked on phone & Ipad, nothing. Then I hit listen & nothing. That was like 12 days ago. 3 days ago I was watching Superman Unbound, & the code just popped up on my tv screen. I wrote it down super fast. Big fan of surprises, so avoiding tech, like I do. It’s so fun to accidentally get new improvements. I opened my iPhone & Birds of Prey vid was on there. So I went to watch it, & I tried to expand the screen. An option to cast it to my tv appeared lol. I should learn these things, but I’m set in my ways. Plus, it’s so fun to accidentally realize what my devices can do, haha. I’m a weirdo. I still haven’t done the 4 digit code on the mirror input yet. I just put it on input 4 & swipe down, & the comics cast to my tv. Sorry I wrote a novel again. Bad habit.